Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

Only none car people would think you were an idiot for spending that much on it!

Spending on maintenance is just a fact of car ownership and while it can sting I try not to worry about that too much.

It sounds to me like you might be ready for a change, for me at the minute I'm not worried about chasing power or having the fastest car for the money I've got, think old age is setting in :lol:

• Like 1

Decided to go for a drive to Halfords today and get a bit intimate..

Yes lads, I spent all Saturday...

Polishing my knob. :lol:

Before: Manky 110k mile old gearknob

gearknobbefore2_zps1jtwv6nj.jpg

gearknobbefore1_zpsaiblctk6.jpg

After shiny refurbished gearknob:

gearknobafter1_zpsbrmct3g0.jpg

gearknobafter2_zpsvhorbgb4.jpg

So shiny you can see it from outside!

gearknobfromoutside_zpszv8fblpn.jpg

Pleased with it. 

"So now if anyone asks you how you spent your weekend, you have to tell them you spent Saturday polishing your knob!" - Unknown

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully a few little aesthetic tweaks, also sourcing a good manifold then getting a map hopefully but that won't be by japfest2 unfortunately, but then it's not really visible when parked up at a show so I don't mind :lol:

Sounds like a plan. Worth hanging on to and getting how you want. It's clearly healthy 196hp spot on!

Considering it's done 110k miles it's not bad on power! It's actually running even more than that! My manifold definitely has a leak somewhere or it's somewhere along the exhaust system, it was also dyno'd in 5th when EP3s are meant to be dyno'd in 4th gear, so I'm probably around the 200bhp mark if anything currently, probably more once the exhaust leak is sorted! Also it now chirps into 2nd gear in the bone dry heat, and sometimes 3rd gear depending on road surface, definitely got adequate power for town use, I just want more midrange hence a map being on the cards :).

Can't wait for the tinted windows though it'll really finish the look of the car and stop it being so bloody hot inside!