Mb690's PB VTI

mb690

Well things have been pretty slow with this project so far. However, I finally managed to sell my previous VW project and am hoping that with the cash injection from the old car and some good weather things should now pick up.

So far I have found myself a VTIS Lip kit as I decided that I did want that more aggressive look after all. It was in pretty good nick, but I decided to give it all a respray anyway. Pretty happy with the results.

Primed

WP_20150805_11_30_29_Pro_zps2xsicpck.jpg

WP_20150805_11_30_22_Pro_zpsbhg2oelt.jpg

All Painted And Lacquered up :)

WP_20150806_19_59_53_Pro_zpshgc0pjv2.jpg

WP_20150806_20_00_30_Pro_zpsy0pmvk46.jpg

WP_20150806_20_00_43_Pro_zpskb7zzapl.jpg

While I had the paint out I colour coded the rear chrome strip and painted my rear H badge in matt black.

WP_20150809_14_28_32_Pro_zpsatmxabpi.jpg

Next Up was the front - decided on matt black again and love the transformation both front and back :)

WP_20150801_16_46_45_Pro_zpsdvyzsbap.jpg

WP_20150803_19_50_12_Pro_zpstwlcejg5.jpg

Decided to get out some gloss black for the wifes car too! Paint trigger happy, hahah! 

WP_20150809_12_03_02_Pro_zpsamunwhlz.jpg

WP_20150809_12_04_15_Pro_zpsympm3ytf.jpg

Still waiting for some new clips to arrive before I can get the Lip kit on, so in the meantime I gave both rides a well deserved wash and quick photo snap with their matching black additions.

WP_20150809_14_29_09_Pro_zps4zlfezhr.jpg

And if thats not enough progress, I also got my new wheels back from refurb ;)

WP_20150814_08_14_56_Pro_zpsd1bvqaee.jpg

WP_20150814_08_13_36_Pro_zps3jkn8jt8.jpg

So with the Meister-R's sat in the waiting, I'm hoping that as soon as the lip kit is on I can order the last of the suspension bits and get it all set up nice. 

Rims will look great mate! Nice choice! :)

I'm hoping so, the colour looks quite gold in light complimenting the Purple of the Pirates black when its sunny, but when the light fades they go much more bronze looking, which works well against Pirates Black paint at night or when its overcast. I suppose I will have to wait till they are on and get some pics in both lights. I'm hoping the soon to be added lows will make them look a little more at home in those arches too. :)

I miss that colour proby best factory for a honda! looking gd dude, not sure on the wheels colour i would of gone a bit darker but looks like a top job.

Thanks, TBH I was a little worried myself that they were a bit to bright, but after seeing them in both light and dark I think I'm happy enough. Apparently the colour is Volvo 'Tropical Lime'???  :?:

So I was finishing up that last bit of painting on the lip kit today and found some more work  :x. Like I said the kit was in pretty good nick for the price, but some of it still had remnants of a poorly done carbon wrap that needed to be peeled off first. Front lip was fine as it hadn't been done and sides came off easy enough with no damage, but looky what the wrap was hiding at the back.....A big melted hole above the exhaust recess!

Ohh well, time for some fibreglass! and maybe some head shielding when its done too!

WP_20150815_17_46_33_Pro_zpsvujlorbn.jpg

WP_20150815_18_32_28_Pro_zpsvglsxgzr.jpg

WP_20150815_18_32_34_Pro_zpsujzc8trj.jpg

Weather permitting, it should be all freshly painted like the rest by the weekend ready for fitting. 

On a more exciting front, I've been pricing up parts and labour with the guys at ABP Motorsport in crew and am hoping to get it all booked in ASAP, would usually do it myself but just don't have the time atm. Plus they can do me a full suspension setup / geometry / alignment for fast road use once its all on. 

Alongside the Meister-R's the car is getting the following:

1. Skunk2 Pro Series Plus Front Camber Kit
  2. Buddy Club or Skunk2 Rear Camber kit 
  3. Skunk2 Gold Anodised Rear Lower Control Arms
  4. Skunk2 Hard Anodised Rear Lower Arm Bar
  5. Full Poly Bush kit including shifter linkages 
  6. New OE Quality track rod ends, front lower ball joints, front Drop links & Rear Drop links + any other bushes not covered here or in the poly bush pack. 

Handling Should be amazing when its done, got 4 new Uniroyal Rainsport 3's to go on the ITR alloys. Great tyres btw!