Mb690's PB VTI

mb690

My red key came the same! Was well impressed! :)

Our rocker covers not bubbling is nearly a miracle!! Lol

Check out most of our build threads, I'm sure you'll find plenty of inspirations and ideas!!

Will be sure to check them all out, no doubt something will get the old modding bug twitching  idea.gif1

Hi and welcome to the forum. And glad to see another one from Sheffield. I'm over in rotherham just by the hospital so any problems let me know and I will help if I can.

Thanks Mate, its really appreciated! Nice to be on a forum with some local support.

Nice clean car mate! Good find!

Aa mentioned above, check out peoples build threads and decide what is best for YOU. I read the forums and learned whats best and chose stuff that suited my needs/wants!

I like your idea of keeping the car looking stock, lesser of a chance of being stolen and also a true sleeper! :)

Cheers, haha yeh its already caught a few people out with its stock looks, so deffo going to stick with that bar maybe the obligatory set of alloys and some clear side repeaters. 

That is an absolute stunner you got there! I will be watching this one ;)

Loving the retro Scirocco :)

Thanks, Afraid it might be a bit of a slow build as I need to raise some funds first. Glad you like the Scirocco, it was my last project but I had to get something with 4 doors, a good boot and 3-point rear seat belts to cater for the arrival of my Son 4 weeks ago...so along came the MB6. Might be an idea to post the Scirocco build in the non Honda section if anyone is interested?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it may not be the most exciting thing, but I have officially done my first bit of work on the car starting with the simple fixing of the broken fob buttons / or lack of rather. I'm sure many of you will know that it is near impossible to get replacement buttons or cases for the infrared central locking fobs, but with a bit of simple DIY its easy to sort the issue. Figured I'd post it up in case its of use to anyone else. 

Step 1: Order a Rover 200 / 400/ 25 /45 (Radio) key fob case with button - £3 on ebay.

Step 2: Take apart the Honda key fob and Re-drill the button holes with a 10mm drill bit. I finished off the job with a cone shaped dremel just to take that little bit more and smooth the finish as the buttons are actually 11mm, but you don't want to go the full 11mm or the new buttons will fall out. You can see in the pics that there is just a tiny bit of the recessed lip left. 

WP_20140713_16_42_22_Pro_zps33714540.jpg

WP_20140713_16_42_40_Pro_zps6543eeac.jpg

Step 3: Take the rubber buttons from the new Rover Fob and discard the rest of the case. 

Step 4: Cut the little tail of the rubber buttons

WP_20140713_16_43_06_Pro_zps2caf92a9.jpg

WP_20140713_16_43_17_Pro_zps468c4650.jpg

Step 5: Using a sharp Stanley or craft knife cut a small 'C' section from the back section of the button that sits over the little yellow square bit on the circuit board (forgot what its called) being careful not to take to much so that you foul the edge of the button where it will meet the case within the button hole. 

WP_20140713_16_44_30_Pro_zps94c47af4.jpg

WP_20140713_16_44_17_Pro_zps3c80ba4a.jpg

Step 6: Re-assemble with new batteries if needed (made a big difference to range for me) and Enjoy!!!

WP_20140713_16_46_16_Pro_zpsa40e3132.jpg

I will post this in the 'How To' or 'Electrical' Section Too.

• Like 1