Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

I felt sick seeing roxy like that Dave ,the thing is with new style cars,they are designed to look worse in an accident than they acctually are,but as long as the engine is intact then it's usually ok,but as parts men go,in the last 28years I have been in the trade I have only met three that are what I would call good and I hate to say this but Ali is one of them

• Like 1

Oh the other thing with bodyshops is that they always are behind in time because of parts issues so cut corners on quality to make time up seen it so many times,so when they say Monday they actually mean two weeks on Monday ,that's why I am taking my time to find the right place to do ruby

God Dave sounds a right xxxxxx I think like I always have you just do not know what you are getting anywhere unless you do it your self . That's why when I do have to take it in anywhere always worry if its going to be done right , hope she gets done right

I felt sick seeing roxy like that Dave ,the thing is with new style cars,they are designed to look worse in an accident than they acctually are,but as long as the engine is intact then it's usually ok,but as parts men go,in the last 28years I have been in the trade I have only met three that are what I would call good and I hate to say this but Ali is one of them

Oh the other thing with bodyshops is that they always are behind in time because of parts issues so cut corners on quality to make time up seen it so many times,so when they say Monday they actually mean two weeks on Monday ,that's why I am taking my time to find the right place to do ruby

Yeah, she wasnt as bad as she looked, although still a mess. Parts guys seem to be a hit or miss,and when you find a good one keep using him, at least you know you'll get your parts. Of course Ali will get a big head now you've said that John! lmao 

Bodyshops on the other hand, seem to be a complete miss nowadays! I honestly couldn't name one good bodyshop! And most of the faults they produce are just are like school boy errors, through either laziness or just rushing things. I know what you mean mate, it would be great to get Ruby resprayed, but just who do you get or trust to do it?  There's apparently a good one at Loanhead near Ikea, but I havent seen any of their work so couldnt vouch for them.

Thats why I want to get this unit and get it set up, then I'll be respraying the deck myself. I doubt I would trust her going anywhere else to be done, heard too many horror stories!

I have found two body shops that we've been happy to use more than once, one is a Honda, Aston Martin, Nissan and Ferrari approved and is expensive but always produces the result you expect.

The other is cheaper, still decent and also Honda approved. They are really good because they will give you a courtesy car even if it's a cash job! Not that this information is any good to you given I'm down here and you're way up there. But my point is there must be a good place somewhere up there?

The thing I've noticed with both of these places is the guys are old school who want to do the work properly!  

Im yet to use a body shop for any car ive owned.. And Dave, your horror story isn't the only one that I've heard ! Im reasonably good with a spray gun, did the EK outside with one and it came through alright TBF. But don't have the facilities to do a whole gloss car..

Time will tell I suppose as I want to start having some bits sprayed up next year ..

Hopefully she'll be back tonight looking spick n span mate !

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic