Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

Well, she got delevered back to me, and she's looking fine! The heater/coolant problem is deffo fixed, which was my main concern, as this could have damaged the engine. Heater is back to roasting your bollocks off! Headlights, I'm not sure if they are at the correct height/level now, won't know till im driving behind Gayle again as she noticed the left was really bright (so thats slightly too high) but the right one was totally blinding (so way to high). So will report back on this when I know.

All the loose plastic panels in the engine bay are now fixed, and have the correct clips etc, and on first looks the overspray seems to have been dealt with. I can't tell 100% because its raining here so car was wet, and had to take her on a wee run to make sure the heater problem was fixed, so she was totally filthy when I got back! Needless to say, even though it was raining, I still washed her, then as the rain was going off, chamied her dry and put her in the garage. I'll go out about 10pm because she should be bone dry by then

• Like 2

Dave , your right it's laziness and no pride,i was taught to do everyones car as if it were your own(father),bodyshops and garages are all about targets so quality goes right out the window,i have also done painting before and bodywork on my sons cars(because he thinks he is a rally driver)ie sils,wings,bonnets,skirts,front ends,chassis legs and everything in between lol,if my father was alive I would trust him too paint ruby,he was a old school master of spraying and bodywork and what I would call a real perfectionist,but I don't have the time or facility to do it myself and as I don't do it often enough I would probably not meet my standards lol

• Like 2

Hi krzys,as long as its under three grand then I think I could probably get away with spending that without the wife going tonto rlol.gif1 and talking of old school ,I have started to look up classic car restorers and see if I can find an old boy

• Like 2

Now that sounds doable mate! Although would prefer potential customers to have seen the deck first or another car that I've done before travelling all that way lol

OMG could ruby be the first car you do :-P oh I also wanted to ask you about the headlight bulbs in ruby,the n\s one blew the other day cry.gif1  and I had a spare one in the house that I put in but it wasn't till later on that evening that I looked at the blown bulb and found it wasn't standard,any idea where I could get one ?

hehe, thats cos Ruby has Osram Nightbreakers fitted mate. I fit them to all my cars as theyre much much better than the standard ones. Or was it other uprated bulbs I fitted to her? Is there a make on them, should be on the metal bit somewhere. I got them online mate, as Halfrauds and the like don't stock them, although they do do a line of uprated bulbs now which are pretty good. I got some for Roxy from there before the accident, and even though both headlights were smashed, the bulbls are still working perfectly! So are the cree side light bulbs which came from Halfrauds! Quite impressed.

Classic car restorers would be the best place to find "proper" spray painters. Not sure of any up our way mate. Would love to see Ruby and the deck wearing their new paint!

So, been out today and had a good look over Roxy, and they have done almost everything! The headlight aim is still slightly too high, and there were one or two tiny bits of overspray they had missed. So decided to just sort it out myself. Have spent the best part of 4 and a half hours using G3 cuttting paste and have gone over the whole car, followed by polishing, followed by waxing. All the black trim around the car has been cleaned by using the G3, so no overspray anywhere on the bodywork now. Black trim has also been detailed and polished, so it looks like new, and have used rainX on the front screen so it's perfect now. After all the polishing, she looks................................AMAZEBALLS! Back to her..........no, better than her former glory! She really does look stunning! Paintwork is now flawless from front to back, and the depth of shine (especially for a silver car) is superb! I would have taken pic but unfortunately as usual it's pissing down with rain here! So been away out in her today, so shes back to being filthy, but even though shes dirty, she's still shining! lol

Plan now is to take her up to RJM performance to get the headlight aim set spot on, and going to get her on their new four wheel alignment system they just got. While she's there, I'll get them to change the front discs for the brand new ones I have for her (couldnt get the crews out of the discs!) and will get them to fit the new spark plugs too. Seems right she gets a bit pampered after what she's been through!.

While I was out, I drove to tescos, and filled up with that momentum stuff they have. Same garage I was in the day of the accident. Due to the high street being completely dug up,  I had to drive home the same road we crashed on! Was thinking oh no, here we go again! She's just been polished, just been filled with fuel...............please don't let this be a repeat!. First time Ive actually been on that road since the crash, and felt wierd! Glad to say all was well this time!

Feels great driving her again and seeing her looking top dollar! Will get some new photos up when the weather clears up a bit!

hehe, thats cos Ruby has Osram Nightbreakers fitted mate. I fit them to all my cars as theyre much much better than the standard ones. Or was it other uprated bulbs I fitted to her? Is there a make on them, should be on the metal bit somewhere. I got them online mate, as Halfrauds and the like don't stock them, although they do do a line of uprated bulbs now which are pretty good. I got some for Roxy from there before the accident, and even though both headlights were smashed, the bulbls are still working perfectly! So are the cree side light bulbs which came from Halfrauds! Quite impressed.

The bulb was a osram bilux and has a shade of blue in it, I will have to find these nightbreakers

• Dave unpinned this topic