Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

Yes mate, the mechanic (Martin) at Western who carried out the warranty work is actually a mate from years ago, so know him well. Know it will have been done right if he did it. He's also got an FN2 ;-) and used to have a DC2 before that (and a Civic MB2 before that!)

Result then Dave! 

Yeah one thing I really like about them is being able to leave them in a high gear at silly low speeds and the fact it is still poky enough around town! 

I checked mine over and mechanically it's spot on, also no stored faults which is good. But I read the TPS are common to fail and the front Lambda as well but won't throw a light until completely dead. 

Glad you're happy with her again! 

Not really hunting @DAVEMB2, the idle when first started from cold is around 1800rpm, but drops off pretty quickly. I think the actual "fly by wire" throttle combined with the stiff suspension and crap roads exagirates the problem, as your foot can bounce about on the throttle. Any slight dab or back-off of the throttle makes her quite jerky. But deffo think that there's something wrong with the way these drive when first started. Even more so when its very cold outside.

But on saying that, she has improved massively, as it really was bad before. She's still got that problem, but its only slight now. But the difference in her power is whats amazed me! had a real play with a scooby tonight and she was with it all the way until...................she passed it!!!! lol  Deffo got her mojo back, and Mr scooby looked impressed methinks! Have to say though, why the fcuk do people think that its cool for your car to backfire?? He went up our high street popping and banging, and the only thought that came to my mind was "what a tit!"They seem to think if it backfires, it means its fast as fcuk and tuned to the max. Bollocks! It means its overfuelling and the exhaust bore is too big!! Could be thats why Roxy passed it? He was deffo giving it beans!

Maybe just me, as I'm just not a fan of the backfiring car scene. I hear a car backfire and I think "yeah, that sounds fcuked!" lol

• Like 3

I like my backfiring car  cry.gif1

That's good that Western Honda have sorted, well nearly all of it, and you have her back again! Can't believe you nearly sold it as well angrymod.gif1

My car is giving me slight problems as well but you just gotta ride the wave of disappointment for a while until its all better again.....

complain.gif1  banghead.gif1  notworking.gif1  detailer.gif1  8-)

• Like 1

There's someone on civic life and ebay that does a kit so you can use a b series tps. Much more reliable

Don't suppose you have a link do you mate?

Not really hunting @DAVEMB2, the idle when first started from cold is around 1800rpm, but drops off pretty quickly. I think the actual "fly by wire" throttle combined with the stiff suspension and crap roads exagirates the problem, as your foot can bounce about on the throttle. Any slight dab or back-off of the throttle makes her quite jerky. But deffo think that there's something wrong with the way these drive when first started. Even more so when its very cold outside.

But on saying that, she has improved massively, as it really was bad before. She's still got that problem, but its only slight now. But the difference in her power is whats amazed me! had a real play with a scooby tonight and she was with it all the way until...................she passed it!!!! lol  Deffo got her mojo back, and Mr scooby looked impressed methinks! Have to say though, why the fcuk do people think that its cool for your car to backfire?? He went up our high street popping and banging, and the only thought that came to my mind was "what a tit!"They seem to think if it backfires, it means its fast as fcuk and tuned to the max. Bollocks! It means its overfuelling and the exhaust bore is too big!! Could be thats why Roxy passed it? He was deffo giving it beans!

Maybe just me, as I'm just not a fan of the backfiring car scene. I hear a car backfire and I think "yeah, that sounds fcuked!" lol

A bit like when the exhaust on my Accord was shagged and it was over-fuelling :lol:

Yes the tps can give a few prods with it like hunting from start up especially if you have left the car standing for a few days or been away on holiday . Sometime when you trying to crawl in traffic :lol: but when warmed up and car as been driving not so much .

And having a scooby :). :). :) not so sure on backfire myself I like my gasses to come straight out and away not pop and bang to get out :lol: @Krzys @Dave

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic