My MB6 build

JK1245

lol Your MB6 looked amazing at the meet mate, and was great to meet you. Regarding the keep/sell dialema I'd probably keep her if it was me. She's in really great condition, and if you feel the suspensions a tad to hard for everyday running, you can always opt to soften the damping a wee bit.

If you think the mb6 is too hard for cruising, you'll be seriously pissed off with the FN2 mate! Although it handles superb, the set up is really overly stiff, and sometimes it's more of a chore to drive it than enjoyable. All depends on what the roads are like where you are. I love the FN2, and even though I've contemplated selling it a few times, there's nothing out there I'd want to replace it with. They are really nice cars, look fresh even though the oldest ones are getting on for 8 years old now, the interior is like nothing else ever, and they're fast enough even in standard trim. But when I jump in the deck, which is lowered on MeisterR's, it just feels nice not to tense up every time you see a bump in the road! I have the suspension set so its a lot stiffer than standard, but its still soft enough to be enjoyable just cruising around. With the FN, unless you change the suspension, you'll be stuck with the hard ride. Difficult one to decide mate!

PS: Oh, and if you get a puncture........................................................lmao you've seen the results at the meet!  at least with the MB6 you'll be on your way quickly with no hassles!! The FN2 especially if its on big bloody wheels like mine, is a pain! I've had to buy an EP3 wheel as a spare since the meet, but it doenst fit in the spare wheel well. so takes up boot space.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Couple of wee updates on this :)

Managed to snag my uncles fn2 at the start of this month which meant the old Mb has been stuck in the garage for the past few weeks but funnily enough I Got a call at work the other day from a friend over on civiclife telling me that Tegiwa now offer finance on their stuff at a good rate.

Now the plan was to either sell the mb6 and use the money from it to get stuff for the fn2 or keep both and use the mb as a track and occasional weekend/meet car. Looks like Tegiwa made the choice for me :)

So after a good few hours of research with my mechanic mate, the following was ordered :

Sk2 pro series intake mani

Sk2 alpha exhaust mani

Sk2 valve springs and ti retainers

Wiseco b18 pistons

Sk2 con rods

Sk2 stage 2 tuner cams

Sk2 Valve stem seals

Sk2 comp fuel rail

Gates low temp thermo

Sk2 66m tb

Sk2 dc2 full length rad and fan

Sk2 rad hose kit

Oem head gasket and engine top gasket kit

Tegiwa baffle kit

Innovative billet mounts

Tegiwa torque damper

Ferrera valve guides

D2 oil catch can kit

Arp head studs and main studs

Oem oil pump

Oem dizzy

And then separately I've gone for ds2500 pads front and back and then stoptech grooved up front and Oem disks on the back and nearer the time I might go for a set of track tyres depending on the condition of the ps3s on there now.

I'm also really interested in seeing if any body shops can fabricate air duct fog inserts like you can get for the dc2 and eg etc

Im going to strip away the sound deadening stuff that's like tar, but apart from that the interior will be left alone, bar swapping out the front seats

Parts should be here with 2 days and up to 3 weeks depending on availability. I only have Sunday off so working on it is going to be a pain, but at least I won't have to rush it and make sure I do it properly.

Also on the hunt for a 98 spec s80 if anyone has one let me know :)

• Like 1