My MB6 build

JK1245

• 4 weeks later...

Wrote a long post but I hit back and lost it all :D

Long story short, parts have arrived except from the pistons and mounts which I'm still waiting on. Nothing apart from discs, pads, fluid and gbox have been fitted yet, but I've finally got the FN so work will be commencing soon. Fitted a '96 S80 which is the 2nd best mod I've done to the car after the Meisters. Mahoooosive difference! My FN2 has a Tegiwa mani, exhaust, S2 CAI and custom flashpro map and is dyno'd at 228HP and the MB will see it off without any issues. Nightmare at 70mph though, sat at about 5k rpm :( Got in contact with Fibreworx so they'll be making some CF DC2 style fog inserts for the MB soon, so if you're interested in them keep a look out on their website. Family member has got an FK2 Type R on order as well, so managed to jump in for the test drive. What a beast. Oh and the AC has been stripped, weighed in at around 2 1/2 stone :P

Pictures:

IMG_20150801_WA0000.jpg

IMG_20150801_WA0006.jpg

IMG_20150811_WA0000.jpg

IMG_20150811_WA0002.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

Meguiars two step headlight restoration kit before and after:

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0093.jpgDSC_0076.jpgDSC_0078.jpg

• 2 months later...

Little update, the list above was cut by about a half and some of the more expensive stuff ended up going back. I initially wanted to play with it myself but couldn't bring myself to take the plunge with some of the internal work incase I f**k it up and lose all the money i've put into the engine. The car had the gasket kit fitted, the valve guides and seals, the gates thermo and rad + hoses fitted. Used to burn a bit of oil and lose a bit of water (turned out to be a hairline crack in the bottom of the water bottle). All is fine now though and after initially feeling as though the IM wasn't doing much I pulled the battery and ran it for a bit it pulls so much harder after 6k. It's most noticble in 4th gear now as the S80 used to chew through the first 3 gears but now 4th revs up really quick as well.

This may seem a bit weird and/or controversial but it feels more of a drivers car than my FN2 which is now sat on meisters as well. Everything just feels that bit heavier and planted. Here is a little sound clip I took on my phone the other night, not the best quality and the mic makes it sound a bit raspier than it i. I'll try and get a gopro video of it soon (it's a national road so no laws were broken)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw96H8h6tRM

DSC_0016.jpg

• Like 1

Quick video of inside the 'bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27EJHXrVEb4&feature=youtu.be

Also, was pulling off my drive on Friday and heard a big bang from somewhere, now when turning slowly and coming to a stop I'm hearing a tearing type noise/grinding noise coming from what seems to be the steering? Anyone know what that could be?  

• 6 months later...

Haven't updated this in a looong time! Few little things done such as, blackened headlights, indicators and very very slight smoke on the rear clear strips on the lights similar to the way the Accord type R is. Whale p***s has been swapped out for a Dc2 airbox and pipe with Spoon drop in filter and my cold air feed has been plumed directly into the air box. Skunk2 66m throttle body was fitted because of problems fitting an integra one (ruined the rotor spring Doh!). Gearbox has been rebuilt at Grinspeed with mfactory parts and at the same time an RPC stage 2 jobby was fitted, as well as a 3.6kg Fidanza flywheel. 

Speed wise it's exactly where I want it now, the thing bloody flies up to 60mph! Just a few little mods on the exterior (smoothed bumper and strips) and then I'll focus on the interior. Oh Vti's front lip has gone on and the skirts will be going on when I get them back from the painter. 

civico.jpg

• Like 4