Hamza's MB6 VTi

h4mza

• 4 months later...

Update:

So car has been off road since November as it needed a few issues sorting but due to starting final year at uni and internship, I haven't had time to do anything really and by the time I get home, it's already dark lol.

So in mean time I was back to driving my old trusty MB3. I'm really loving the economy it gives lol.

As Spring is just around the corner, I really want the car ready for summer. So in the weekend I charged the battery overnight and car started straight away.  :-)

First issue I started to diagnose was the ABS light. Error code showed 11 which is Front Right sensor. So I removed the wheel and was welcomed with this.  :-( The grease was all over the ABS ring.

IMG_3343_zpsv1o0xfao.jpg

This also explains why the knocking noise. I thought it be easier to replace the whole thing so ordered new driveshaft from J&R and fitted it the other day.

IMG_1195_zps5yifxkb0.jpg

ABS light gone  :-)

IMG_1215_zpssiefyq8g.jpg

Although I did have a battle with the ball joint as the f*cker wouldn't pop out and now it looks like I've ruined the thread as it is spinning. So a new one is on the order.

IMG_1197_zpsvcdemzee.jpg

So far that's it. Still loads to do in the next coming weeks as listed below.

Ball joint

Fix idle hunt

Fix misfire

New VTEC solenoid gasket

New windscreen

2x new front tyres

MG ZS suspension

• Like 1

Thanks for liking everyone, still more to come, new Rota wheels, coilovers etc but for now I want to fix the issues and get it back on road.

My main concern is to sort idle hunt and misfire issue out. Today I started car up and let it idle for 5 minutes then I unplugged HT leads to check for spark and yes all 4 have spark and I can see engine hesitating when each of the plug is removed. So I assume my leads are fine? What’s next thing I check for?

As for idle hunt, there are many causes for this as you know and I am following this article on fixing it.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/kunena/8-Service-and-Repair-Questions-Answered-Here/41476-solving-honda-idle-issues-hunting-idle

I first tried to bleed cooling system but car doesn’t seem to warm up even after an hour as temp needle doesn’t go above 1/4 so I replaced the thermostat and it made no difference but I think I may have put thermostat wrong because I was watching a video on how to replace it and it showed the pin needs to face upwards whereas I just slotted mine in without checking where the pin is. I may have since done 200-300 miles like this. Would it be ok to remove and re insert the thermostat properly or just replace it?

I’ve also cleaned IACV but no luck. I haven’t tried a replacement one yet as no luck in getting my hands on one so far.

Also the link mentions FITV, fast idle thermo valve but I can’t seem to find it. Does B18C4 not have this?