• 3 weeks later...

Back in U.K after 3 weeks at sea, change of plan, was supposed to be going back to that ship in a couple of weeks time but another engine on another ship has spun number 4 main bearing so needs to have the whole engine ripped out. So the phone goes on Saturday evening a day after getting home and about an hour after getting all my rear brakes stripped, ''Can you be ready to travel to Antwerp on monday" so spent Sunday rushing around getting s**t ready without the car. Ah well.

Got a set of braided lines from Hel 

DSCF0461.thumb.JPG.f7a31b0d5c64da53ddb21

Had to order a new right side rear handbrake cable due to my impatience and a seized clevis pin. Stuck in ship mode and got the grinder out.

DSCF0460.thumb.JPG.960b934f88ffcfb8c0dc5

Cleaned up and wound the calipers back in nicely, looks like these calipers are good to use, getting ready for paint, if i travel Tuesday and not monday i'll get a couple of coats of paint on before i go, if not they'll have to wait. Hopefully all the brake fluid doesn't drip out while i'm gone. i've got the old hoses clamped pretty good though, even used my crap pairs of molegrips so i can take my good ones on this job lol

Thats it for another few weeks. Been reading lots of tuning e-books and guides at sea and it's just inspired me to go turbo for sure. Budget not as much of an issue with all this work in the pipeline.  

DSCF0462.JPG

• Like 3

On 1/26/2016 at 2:31 AM, ickis86 said:

i might try a bit of this in the boot http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLASHING-TAPE-FLASH-BAND-ROOFING-REPAIR-SELF-ADHESIVE-TAPE-ROLL-LEAD-BITUMEN-10m-/140938448860?var=&hash=item20d0960fdc:m:mTPkMOF4CgBPVqRklfOOofg

it's pretty much the same stuff, just want to try some on a flat area to see how well it holds/thickness.

Me and a mate did his car with this stuff, it was really good. That was going back quite a few years ago, and was soo much cheaper than Dynamat.

• 2 months later...

Update: I'm home again finally, cars due MOT which i know will fail on a couple of minor issues. Just thought i'd post a pic of my shopping list and drop in and say hi, i've not forgotten about you lot.

partslist.jpg

• Like 1

My deck will be going for mot next week hopefully, looking forward to getting her back on the road! 

And thetes no way you could forget about us bunch of nutters in here.......We're  all loopy! :car6:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Scored a full vti-s body kit off a gentleman in Leicester for the grand sum of 100 quid. Even has complete front and rear bumpers, foglights and even washer jets! Needless to say I'm quite chuffed.  

20160718_130708-1024x576-800x450-640x360.jpg

• Like 2