So good to see you back in the deck mate, Tubs 2 is looking superb! The front VTiS would look amazing, it really does transform the front of these. 

• Like 1

Yeah, for some reason I'd always wanted to stick with the vti lip as that was how tubs had always been, but now that the MG skirts are on, they're a bit lower than the front which doesn't look quite right.... 

Plus.... I might already have a VTIS lip in my possession already.... Just in case... :grin:

• Like 1

Starting to feel a bit more normal today, so set about trying to sort a few gremlins out. 

Screen wash wasn't working, so after a bit of investigation it turned out that there's a non return valve that had been fitted the wrong way around when the garage fitted my bonnet... No big deal, but I do need to replace a few of the fittings as there's a couple of leaks and snapped clips. 

Grant had done the JDM stalk swap, which I'm pretty pleased about as it's the right way around, but the rear wipers weren't working.  I thought easiest thing would be to swap my old stalks on, so whipped them off tubs, and went to fit them, then noticed that the plug for the rears wasn't connected... So I snipped some cable off the loom in tubs and extended the plug to reach the other side - job done. This also seems to have stopped the horn sounding when the fog lights are turned on, but now the front fog lights don't seem to want to stay on when you press the switch. 

• Like 1

What was benefits of the jdm stalk swap again mate? Did it give you variable wipe on the wipers or something? The wee wiring gremlins will all get sorted as you go along, process of elimination when sorting them out!

51 minutes ago, Dave said:

What was benefits of the jdm stalk swap again mate? Did it give you variable wipe on the wipers or something? The wee wiring gremlins will all get sorted as you go along, process of elimination when sorting them out!

The stalks are the other way around - like on EGs etc. Much better being able to indicate and change gear at the same time. I'm sure that someone said once that the reason that most cars are the other way around is because all euro cars are that way for LHD, so it was considered safer to adopt the same configuration. 

I think that there's still something screwy with the wiring for the lights stalk.. When I plugged the larger connection back in it made the horn sound... I guess this is why the fogs don't work. 

• Sad 1

Hmm, tricky one to solve. Ah, I kinda get it now about the stalks. See I was brought up on old fords etc and allmy cars had the indicators on the left, so always assumed that on the left was the correct way. Drove Gayles Kia Rio and the stalks are the other way around (indicators on the right) so always confused the crap out of me every time I drove! lol Was the same on a Mazda 323F I drove. But now you explain it, it makes absolute sense! Ours should have been on the right for UK cars, would make so much more sense!

• Like 1

Couple of nice upgrade parts fitted today that have been hiding in my garage for yonks... With thanks to @Gel for sending them up all that time ago, destined for tubs.

LRM_20210322_165220-hdr.jpg

Some nice new civic finishers... 

LRM_20210322_165232-hdr.jpg

And some tasty climair wind deflectors. 

• Like 3

I found that with the rear heko ones especially - they didn't seem to want to stay in at all. I added a bit of double sided tape to the tabs on the ends as it looked like there'd been some there before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

They look good the climair ones. Ended up pulling the help ones. Just loose all the time

lol I was the same with the first set I bought for Ruby, they were Team Hekko's. The fit was awful, so I binned them and bought 2 sets of the Climairs. More expensive, but the quality and fit is miles better. These have never moved since I fitted them all those years ago, never had any issues at all.:ohyeees: