57 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

Looking good! 

Get a bloody induction kit on it ffs!

8-)

Got a dc2 intake with a k&n in and a dc2 throttle body... Just need the IM ported to match the tb

Rattle investigations today. There's been some clattering from the front end since getting the car back. I thought that it was the exhaust rattling on the h brace, but yesterday i noticed that it had got much worse from the front passenger wheel. 

Whipped the wheel off and had a bit poke around. Seems that my low profile jack is only just low enough to clear the new skirts... :shock:

IMG_20210423_092044.jpg

IMG_20210423_092040.jpg

Also, seems that the car hasn't lost its ability to lift the front and back when jacking the front. Could hear the back lifting before the front :lol:

IMG_20210423_100235.jpg

Found that there was a bit of play on the top wishbone, so torqued both sides up properly - think that they may have been torqued to 3 door settings. 

Also found that the retaining clips for the front pads aren't there, and they can move in and out along the radius of the disk (probably in other directions as well) - going for a test drive afterwards, the rattling goes away when trailing the brakes. 

IMG_20210423_093142.jpg

So got some clips from euro car parts for about £1.50... Crazy that such a small thing can make it sound like the car is falling apart! 

When I was down there, there was a lush Sierra parked outside. 

IMG_20210423_115534.jpg

• Like 3

AHH mate yes. I had exactly same problem After I let Kwik fit put some brake pads on my old prelude to get it through the mot. 

Rattling all over the place but lightly press the brakes went away took me a few days to realise. They'd chucked the shims in the bin. Plonkers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

AHH mate yes. I had exactly same problem After I let Kwik fit put some brake pads on my old prelude to get it through the mot. 

Rattling all over the place but lightly press the brakes went away took me a few days to realise. They'd chucked the shims in the bin. Plonkers.

Daft eh! The rears are still in though so no idea at what point they disappeared or what someone was thinking. 

• Like 2

Grrrr... They're not the right ones are they! 

IMG_20210424_104441.jpg

IMG_20210424_104437.jpg

For some ordered from the local motor factors which is what I should have done in the first place. 

They're for an mb4... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Grrrr... They're not the right ones are they! 

IMG_20210424_104441.jpg

IMG_20210424_104437.jpg

For some ordered from the local motor factors which is what I should have done in the first place. 

They're for an mb4... 

Hi, maybe you can shave em a little bit?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rickybeau said:

Hi, maybe you can shave em a little bit?

They're completely wrong to be honest - the vti kit has 4 pieces per side, and these have only got 2. 

• Sad 1

Im gonna get a full set of these for DD as her brakes are rattly and squeaky. I remember the last tim I replaced all these was on Ruby before heading down to Japfest the first time...brand new discs, pads, shims and retaining clips all from Honda. Everything fitted perfect and no noises so might need to go down same route with DD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Many weeks later..... 

So, as in the SOS post, those clips were also wrong. Turns out all of the parts manufacturers catalogues all refer to these clips (according to the guy at the motor factors), so I went to honda with a refund in my pocket, and you can only get the clips with a set of pads. 

Finally got them fitted yesterday (one of the easiest jobs I've ever done on the car where nothing went wrong...) and it's like a dream now.... No horribly rattle when driving along - now it sounds like I've had all the suspension and bushes done, instead of it sounding like it was about to fall apart. 

The hardest part about the whole thing was trying to find out what to torque the wheel nuts up to. I've always just nipped them up till they felt right, but seeing as I had the big torque wrench out, I thought I might as well do it properly. I thought that it would have been all over the Internet.... It wasn't. Found it on a post from here though by @philgor  good old civic5

• Like 1