Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Had a call from the garage today, they were fitting the mg skirts and said that they were too short. shrug.gif1

 

They sent me a couple of pics. IMG-20210107-WA0000.jpg

 

IMG-20210107-WA0001~2.jpg

 

After seeing the pics I told them to carry on - I'll see what they look like in the flesh (at some point.........), but thinking that they might be okay. They said that they could extend them if I got the ends off another set. 

 

Weird thing, when I was there over Christmas swapping the dash back in, when I pushed the fog light button in it made the horn sound. I thought that maybe they'd done something screwy when they swapped my horn in, but when they had a look today, they said that it only happened if you try to turn the rear fogs on without the fronts on first, and that the rear fog light indicator wouldn't come on unless the fronts were already on. 

 

Anyone came across this before? He said it seemed like it was like that on purpose, but tubs never did that. 

 

It's another one that I need to try and figure out 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wheels on     I can change the front and back by jacking up the front   all on...      

Little pic from today... Crap quality though      

it all just adds weight to the re spray argument.

Posted Images

Deffo doesn't do that in DD mate and didn't do it in Ruby. Thats a wiring fault somewhere for sure. Not even sure they're on the same circuit in the fusebox?

Really surprised the skirts are short, that doesnt seem right either as I'm sure they fit right up to the end of the sill on the mgzs. Know the aerodeck is longer from the rear door back but always thought they were the same size as the hatchback from the front to the rear arch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit that I remember someone else who had fitted them before had said they came up a bit short - can't remember who though. I'll see how they look. 

 

No, you're right it's not on the same circuit... I was poring through the Haynes circuit diagrams, and the honda workshop manual, and there's no links between the systems.... Must be a dodgy connection somewhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dave said:

Deffo doesn't do that in DD mate and didn't do it in Ruby. Thats a wiring fault somewhere for sure. Not even sure they're on the same circuit in the fusebox?

Really surprised the skirts are short, that doesnt seem right either as I'm sure they fit right up to the end of the sill on the mgzs. Know the aerodeck is longer from the rear door back but always thought they were the same size as the hatchback from the front to the rear arch.

You can't take normal things for granted on these! Just like my sunroof i got from a deck....didnt fit the hatch! 

 

Anyway, I'm sure you could find a piece to manually paint in PB and screw it onto the end of the skirts. Easy fix! 

 

Shame about wiring fault :(

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

You can't take normal things for granted on these! Just like my sunroof i got from a deck....didnt fit the hatch! 

 

Anyway, I'm sure you could find a piece to manually paint in PB and screw it onto the end of the skirts. Easy fix! 

 

Shame about wiring fault :(

 

Yeah, that was weird... Why bother making life more difficult by doing the same thing in two different ways but make it look identical!? 

 

Yeah, that's what the garage said - they said that (if they did it anyway) you'd never know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If there off the later zs they have the full kit. So probably short as the arches tuck into the skirt

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

If there off the later zs they have the full kit. So probably short as the arches tuck into the skirt

Yeah, that's a good point - they've got those flared bits. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixed up the old tablet for the install - bought one with a broken screen, and swapped the motherboard to replace the one with the knackered USB slot. 

 

It's got headunit reloaded installed on it so that it can pretend to be a car, and use android auto with it so that it is basically a bigger touch screen that controls the apps on the phone... Looks like it's going to work well. 

 

IMG_20210112_182242.jpg

 

IMG_20210112_182249.jpg

 

IMG_20210112_182314.jpg

 

IMG_20210112_182351.jpg

 

IMG_20210112_182427.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...