Nick's Civic MB6 VTI-S

NIKH25

Looks Alrite to me! For a spray can job. Where did you get the paint from?

It doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it did on Saturday and it's bearable but you can really see it close up.

Paint and lacquer was from paints4u, lacquer was only a fiver so I can't really moan.

The front lip looks nice in the pics mate but you can obviously tell better as you can see it close up. .I am working on my lip kit as well and it's a pain

• Like 1

If it's any consolation Nick, my spoiler has done the same! Orange peel in the lacquer.

Doesn't look too noticeable though mate!?

• Like 1

If you b****r him too hard you will split him!

split-ring-sterling-silver-jewellery-par

The front lip looks nice in the pics mate but you can obviously tell better as you can see it close up. .I am working on my lip kit as well and it's a pain

Yeah, I'm definitely happy enough to live with it for a bit. Good luck with yours.

If it's any consolation Nick, my spoiler has done the same! Orange peel in the lacquer.

Doesn't look too noticeable though mate!?

Not good mate, have you got time to sort it d'you think?

• Like 1

split-ring-sterling-silver-jewellery-par

Yeah, I'm definitely happy enough to live with it for a bit. Good luck with yours.

Not good mate, have you got time to sort it d'you think?

In all honesty mate, im not sure what i could do different! Primer went down well, sanded back so it was smooth as a babies bum.. Colour went on well, again slight brush over with some 1500 and was smooth as hell too .. It was the top coat. I think that maybe lacquer doesnt like being in a can ..

I may bite the bullet at somepoint and get it done profesionally .. When i have skirts and decided whether im going lips too ..

• Like 1

Would it be worth rubbing back then going over it with a degreaser/cleaner before hitting it with lacquer again? Might have reacted with something?

Hate aerosols.

Flat it smooth, try not to break through though.

Warm the can up with a hot air gun, get it really quite warm/hot, this increases the pressure in the can, should lay on smoother. Want to be about 10-12 cm aways. Lay that s**t on!

You also want to check the nozzle on the can, you can get different ones. You want a fan style not spot style! () not o

Trust me warming the can makes a big difference

Hate aerosols.

Flat it smooth, try not to break through though.

Warm the can up with a hot air gun, get it really quite warm/hot, this increases the pressure in the can, should lay on smoother. Want to be about 10-12 cm aways. Lay that s**t on!

You also want to check the nozzle on the can, you can get different ones. You want a fan style not spot style! () not o

Trust me warming the can makes a big difference

Thanks for the hints and tips chap, awesome. I did warm it up originally but it probably cooled down a fair bit by the second coat. I didn't realize it could make that much difference.

Everything else sounds like I was doing it right, distance, heavy coating and nozzle is fan like you say.

:civic5rocks3:

• Like 1