**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

Surprised that scrapes mate. But great work :smile:

I still haven't taken a photo of it! Cheers bud :D

On the bright side, you have a nice drag racer stance now. :lol:

Haha! Isn't safe going around corners hard. The rear end makes me feel a bit nervous :lol:

Some updates! :D

I am getting use to the ride comfort with the springs on but I tell you what, I am a bit sketchy driving around corners... :shock:  With the standard springs, I can drive around this corner everyday at 50mph with a bit of body roll.

Since fitting the front lowering springs, there is less body roll but the car just goes straight on, won't turn into the corner! I now have to drive around this corner at 40mph. It just seem to be understeering too easily. Maybe the standard springs on the rear causing this? 

Oh yes I have cleaned up the WEDS Farmas wheels and they came up very nice!! I used paint stripper to remove the black paint and gave a proper clean! Just got to sort out the lacquer on the rims :)

From this.... 

1621982_10202393868520051_1943081844_n-1

To this!!

1743712_691799297551612_1533087045_n.jpg

1904063_691799164218292_99119075_n.jpg

988808_691799614218247_742092415_n.jpg

A couple random photos of the M with a smile on her... ;)

SAM_0353.jpg

SAM_0356.jpg

To be honest I want to go lower..... :lol:

Get the rear down and the ballance will come back.

Yeah I'm on a mission to get the rear end down! Keeping my eyes out for cheap rear standard EG springs as the lowered rear EG springs were far too short :(

Shame I've binned those springs I offered. The rears would be spot on for you.

What a great job you done on the wheels mate. Wish I was brave enough to paint stuff like that. Too impatient I'd mess up

Shame I've binned those springs I offered. The rears would be spot on for you.

What a great job you done on the wheels mate. Wish I was brave enough to paint stuff like that. Too impatient I'd mess up

Ah sh!t I forgot you had those springs! Oh well... my loss  :roll:

It was very easy! All 4 wheels took me 90 minutes to remove the paint with paint stripper. As soon as you apply the stripper, you see the paint already starts to bubble up. Gave it a quick brush down and then pressure washed it ;)

bloody hell the wheels didn't half come up gd

Haha thanks man :smile:  First time I have done it too. There are a few heavy scuffs and lacquer peeling though 

The man been busy busy !!! Rims are looking sweet., really looking forward to seeing the finished product fitted...

Must be gutting upgrading your suspension and having to go backwards before moving forwards but you will get it sorted soon, then you will forget that it was ever any different and smile as you point her into each corner....

• Like 1