1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Thanks, it sure took a lot more effort than i thought... and fingernails! And i did a lot of things the hard way, trying to figure out the correct sandpaper/drill bit to use at each point and learning the best techniques for tricky spots. But i guess you just gotta pay your dues. It didn't help that at times the temperature dropped below zero! Next time i'm refurbing wheels, i'll make sure it's summer 8-).

Yeah I bet you suffered a fair bit with it being so cold! Least in summer it should be 5 or 6 degrees! :P 

• 2 weeks later...

Winter look:

4o9z.jpg

lkbn.jpg

Can almost fit a finger there!

x6s8.jpg

Not really much need for winter tires at the moment but the law is the law, and atleast i'll ready for some extreme vtec understeer fun when the flakes finally fall :wink:.

• Like 2

As i'm honored this year to be in the Car of the Year vote, i thought i'd sum up all the mods i've done and what this deck is all about. You can see my current winter look from the post above, here are a few pics of how she looks like when it's a bit warmer:

vpsq.jpgr:

hhcj.jpg

More photos on page 5.

Some GoPro track video from last summer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY7qKdVAFSY

And some older incar-footage from 2011:

This is what i said back in 2009 in my first post here in Civic5: "It wasn't in the best possible condition when i got it and still needs lots of work, but slowly and surely it's starting to turn into what i hope one day will be the lowest, fastest and baddest Aerodeck in Finland."

Now over 4 years later "slowly and surely" still apply :grin:, but it's come quite a way. My philosphy has been to upgrade parts instead of just replacing them, with the goal of eventually improving the car all round. I guess i want the best of all worlds so a bit of stance, a bit of race and a bit of ICE has been my recipe. Here's the current spec/mod list:

Engine bay and transmission

B18C4

TSS tuning intake kit

Optima Yellowtop battery

NGK iridium spark plugs

Exedy Stage 1 clutch

ITR flywheel and ARP bolts

Suspension

H&R coiloverkit

TSS tuning (Blox) front camber kit

Powerflex bushes (front)

Brakes

Stock pads and calipers (painted red)

DOT 5.1 brake fluid

Wheels and tires

Summer: 17 x 7.5 / 17 x 8.5 Volk Evo 3's with 195/40 Falken ZE912

Track: 15 x 6.5 League 273's with 195/50 Toyo Proxes R888

Winter: 15 x 7 Rials with 195/55 Continental ContiVikingContact 3 studless winter tires

Exterior

Full VTI-S lip kit

Fully de-badged

De-chromed headlights

Osram Nightbreaker bulbs

Headlight washer delete

Custom mesh grille

Tinted windows

Clear repeaters

Short antenna

Aero wipers

White license plate screw caps

Interior

Handmade black floor mats with red lining

Moman plasma dials (with realistic top speed!)

Tenzo-R shift knob

Mugen-style pedals

Custom steel foot rest cover

Painted red h-emblem on steering wheel

Aerodeck-badge on front passenger side

Audio

Pioneer DEH-3200UB head unit
Front: JBL680C speakers, tweeters and crossovers + Silent Coat inside the doors
Rear: Pioneer TS-G1312i coaxial speakers

There's still plenty more to come, i'm definitely planning on keeping this one. Needless to say Civic5 has been an invaluable site for support on this build so thanks to everyone who's helped or commented along the way. Don't forget to check out all the other COTY-nominees here and may the best M-civic win!

• Like 4