1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Thanks for the comments! The photos really required work before and after pressing the shutter button, not to mention waiting for the correct weather. Yes them wheels are 17". And thanks K7000 with the license plate, i think i was trying too hard to get the texture on the plate correct instead of just a plain plate but it looks fine also that way. I guess staring at the same picture for too long has it's effect!

But i just realised yesterday when visiting the site from my computer at work, that most of the pictures look really dark, does anyone of you have the same issue? They look just fine on my laptop, but then again to my experience laptop screens are almost always brighter than monitors by default.

you can balance the colours on a monitor just like with a tele so it may be set up wrong. I have two pc's in the house one connected to my main monitor and the big tele in front room (tele colours are better than monitor colours) and the second in our bedroom also connected to our big tele in the bedroom and again tele colours look truer than its monitor. 

I had a play with monitor downstairs and now it looks more similar to the tele it is connected to much better colours now..

• 4 weeks later...

What's better than finding a nice set of rims on the internet for ridiculously cheap? Well having them in your living room! I had been looking for new rims for my winter tires since the old ones now have R888's wrapped around them so i bought a set of 7x15" Rials for only 100€ (80£)! But it cost me another 60€/50£ in petrol to get them... but still i think it was a real bargain. They're old but in pretty decent condition, the previous owner refurbed and painted them 7 years ago for a project that never got finished. I gave them a bit of hand polish but the lips still need some work, so going to buy some drill bits tomorrow to finish the job properly. Haven't refurbed wheels before so i think these tiny lips will be a good place to start that career.

0y04.jpg

But i wish things were that easy: once i got them i realised the centre bore is 60mm and my Aerodeck has 64,1mm if i remember correctly... if someone can verify this i'd appreciate it! So i either have to get them bored to the correct size, or fit small spacers to get the right bore.

Plus they came with Mazda center caps, so need to get some proper Rial ones. Not too expensive on ebay, around 30€/25£.

I had almost commited to buying XXR501's but luckily i found this deal. Even though the xxr's aren't that expensive either i still have lots of other bits on the shopping list. Now let's just hope i can get these fitted before the snows come, luckily this year the weather's running late!

That's a bargain mate and doesn't look like they need much work to bring them up like new. :D

Well TBH that certain rim pictured is the one in best condition... others need a bit more work :roll:!