1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

I don't think the DC5 wheels fit do they, you could fit a late model DC2 with an airbag with a little bit of fiddling apparently. :)

The Momo uk dc2 airbag wheel fits no prob ( well mine did :lol: ). But yer dc5 ,ep3 will not go on well not with out some hard work anyway

• 2 weeks later...

I know your deck, she used to live on my street back in 2008 and was actually the car that made me want to get one. Later when she was put for sale, i remember reading the same 3 car statement on the ad. However a friend of mine who was interested about it, asked one of his Veho friends for confirmation and got info that none were sold by Veho.

:?

I regularly just out of curiosity check decks for sale here in Finland, and during the past 5 years so far haven't stumbled upon a VTI deck claimed to be a Finn-car. So how about we go the Mythbusters way and call this "Plausible", until someone sees with his/her own eyes a true Finland-bred MC2 registration? ;)

I actually read that mail again one day when trying to find some papers, I'll post the details when I remember to do it.

I saw one vti deck in Hyvinkää some weeks ago, it had "non-eu" plates and it seemed to be completely original. It was quite high. Looked like CR-V with "DOHC VTEC" badges on rear doors :D

And me too, I haven't seen any MC2 claimed to be "true finn". Just one MB6 was sale in Kouvola couple of years ago, almost bought it but it was gone already when asking for more details.

So, Plausible it is.

Not much going on over here. Got the tires fitted on the wheels, took over a hour to do. The rears proved especially difficult, they had to be blown into place. Pretty much like this:

:lol:

So this is how they look, i'm pretty satisfied. Was worried they'd be a bit overstrecthed but they turned out just perfect:

img2019pl.jpg

Front:

img2018wv.jpg

Rear:

img2017g.jpg

Did a testfit, but since the car is sitting pretty high at the moment and the arches are yet to be rolled, i took them off to wait until everything is perfect. One setback i'm trying to deal with is finding the right size wheel nuts. They can't be more than 23mm long because of the centre caps, and i can't find the right ones anywhere! Not even ebay has proven helpful :( . Grayston http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x16-Open-Wheel-Nuts-60-Taper-Seat-M12x1-5mm-19mm-Head-Ford-Honda-Toyota-/370790417050?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5654d4c29a comes close but they're 25mm. But i guess i could buy them and get the extra 2mm machined off so it's not the end of the world...

wow I cant get over how epic those wheels are! the front stretch is [smitten.gif] but the rear stretch is too much for me. It will look mint when you get the car lowered and are you going to get some camber on the go?

Did a testfit, but since the car is sitting pretty high at the moment and the arches are yet to be rolled, i took them off to wait until everything is perfect. One setback i'm trying to deal with is finding the right size wheel nuts. They can't be more than 23mm long because of the centre caps, and i can't find the right ones anywhere! Not even ebay has proven helpful :( . Grayston http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x16-Open-Wheel-Nuts-60-Taper-Seat-M12x1-5mm-19mm-Head-Ford-Honda-Toyota-/370790417050?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5654d4c29a comes close but they're 25mm. But i guess i could buy them and get the extra 2mm machined off so it's not the end of the world...

Youll find similar nuts from Motonet labeled as Isuzu wheel nuts, open end and quite small height. .. But okay those might have that "ball" shaped seat like honda originals. At least with stock rims that open nut is almost level with tyre bolt, so can't be much lower anymore without machining also bolts.

BTW..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-X-M12-X-1- ... 2a2d539fd2

.. so I figured that would be 20mm? [smash.gif]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-X-M12-X-1- ... 2a2316a184

.. or 16mm ?

But not so sure about the qAUlity of those nuts, at least when i checked the pic said "Great qaulity" .. convincing enough :lol: