kinks EG project. B18 turbo

KiNK43

Thanks chaps. @Grant nope I didn't sand between top coat and lacquer. Hope it's ok I tried on the center caps and the finish looked better in the one I didn't sand. Well to me anyway.

Colour was quite textured anyway so didn't think it would need keying up.. hope not anyway.

I'll measure caps later..

• Like 1

From how I've had it explained to me, it's to take away that textured/orange peel look.. But you've said that you liked it so all good!

I don't think it's a necessary!

Cheers mate :)

Had a great old day At santa pod. Done some runs on 1/4 mile. What I have learnt is that I can't launch for s**t. Spent the first 60 ft wheel spinning 1st and 2nd every time. I also learnt that my current gearbox wont select 2nd gear past 7500 rpm. Just locks me out.

My best run was 14.6 @ 98mph

That run was against an fn2 which took off well and got a good lead but after I had finished spinning on the start line managed to catch him and overtook. Which was nice.

My friend lent me a go pro too. So will upload some vid when get them off him.

• Like 2

Sounds like you ha fun mate!! Shitter on the box. Is this te cheap one that you've just bought??

Go pro footage will be ace :)

Think launching is a fine art lol. Practice practice practice ;)

Nah its my old box.. noisey as hell. Checked gb fluid yesterday and it has bits of guff in it.

So have had no sympathy today. Smashing it everywhere. Clutch dumping at 5-6k off the line. Lol.

Car had a nice response actually. A lot of people commenting how tidy it is under the hood. I don't see it like that looks a mess to me.

I'll measure those caps after a bath @Grant

• Like 1

Had a great old day At santa pod. Done some runs on 1/4 mile. What I have learnt is that I can't launch for s**t. Spent the first 60 ft wheel spinning 1st and 2nd every time. I also learnt that my current gearbox wont select 2nd gear past 7500 rpm. Just locks me out.

My best run was 14.6 @ 98mph

That run was against an fn2 which took off well and got a good lead but after I had finished spinning on the start line managed to catch him and overtook. Which was nice.

My friend lent me a go pro too. So will upload some vid when get them off him.

Nice time man same time I got lol I found that best launch rpm for me was 2k although I had budget tyres not using that as an excuse thought but could probably go a bit quicker if my box was rebuilt as I was having to nurse it into 3rd as if I bang it in it just misses it all the time

Sounds like its properly chewing itself up then ! You know, maybe you should get one rebuilt with M-factory internals and get it over n done with ;-)

If the car feels good with a shagged box, just imagine how much better it'll be with a good one!

Cheers mate .. Enjoy your bath !! ;-)

Yeah to be honest man I reckon I would be better off just pulling off fast as if I wanted to get out of a junction fast. Yeah maybe like 2-2.5k. Will try next time.

Great fun though. Really enjoyed it..