check all the wheel bearing, and also check how the inside of the tyre's have worn, as if they have stepped it can create a droning noise, like what we're hearing..

Had my mate jump in a minute ago and he don't reckon shafts!!

Im going to get it in on my lunch, check bearings and also the tyres as suggested phil... The new wheels needed me to grind a socket to get wheel nuts on as they weren't long enough so i might double check all those too!!

Is it possible that the new wider wheels could have put extra stress on shafts or bearings??

Anything bigger than standard will put a bit more strain on the drive-train, might have highlighted something that wants replacing? Give everything a wiggle and see what you find mate.

Tis an awkward one that, is be remote jack the front up start up and put it in gear,,, sounds like too much forward motion, so guessing bearing.

Ok update!!!

Jacked front up, no bearing play or sound... Box is a bit whirly from underneath but nothing major...

One of the front spigot rings had a little split in so took off to investigate, put back on making sure all square and tight etc... Now i cant hear the noise!

Will see what happens on my journey home so no parts ordered as of yet!

Hopefully i hear nothing on way home and i can focus on finishing bumper and get to cleaning!!

• Like 2

I bet it's because you nuts weren't long enough and your wheel was about to fall off! My mate had it on his 106 new wheels didn't get longer nuts going down duel carridge way wheel over takes him lol

• Like 1

Your probably right simpo!! But i ground down my 17mm socket and made sure they were plenty tight enough all round today so maybe that was the problem? No knocking all the way home so so far so good lads!! :D

• Like 1