My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

Congratulations on the qualifications mate.

Thanks bud :)

2 week's for the mot course, mine was only 3 day's, and one of them was purely on how to use the computer, BTW i'm level 2 qualified, did the NTTA test. 

I thought it was something like 2 or 3 days but according to the boss, it's about 2 weeks? I might have missed something out... Oh cool, again I thought NVQ lvl 3 is required to do an NTTA test?  :huh:

Well done chap!

Bring on the moneys!!

Cheers Tom! 

Some updates! Today I have taken the center exhaust and MGZS back-box off the MB3 and onto the Aerodeck. Sounds ok apart from a small rattle occurring which is probably the heat shield. And the rear end of the exhaust sits slightly behind the bumper but will do for now. 

2014-06-07%2018.25.13.jpg

2014-06-07%2018.25.28.jpg

I hope to get this cat-less manifold on tomorrow for a bit more noise! Excuse the mess, the boot is a right tip!

2014-06-07%2018.24.07.jpg

I didn't realize how low the MB3 was... :lol:

2014-06-07%2018.24.27.jpg

MGZS gear knob 

2014-06-07%2018.26.19.jpg

Gave the interior a good clean, need some new mats! 

2014-06-07%2018.25.55.jpg

2014-06-07%2018.23.45.jpg

I thought it was something like 2 or 3 days but according to the boss, it's about 2 weeks? I might have missed something out... Oh cool, again I thought NVQ lvl 3 is required to do an NTTA test? 

mine was a 3 day course, 2 studying the manual, and one on the computer

if i remember correctly, to become eligible to be a tester, you need to have 4yrs's traceable history of being a mechanic, be level 3 trained, or pass the NTTA test, i did the latter,

i traveled to peterborough to do my ntta test, took that in the morning. traveled back to work, when i got back i phoned up to be told i had failed, and i would be officially told by post, the letter came through, and after much questioning going on they had not totaled up all the score's, so where i was told i had just missed out on a pass (2/3 point's) i had actually pissed it....

as people have said, good luck with it all. 

• Like 1

Nice updates man! Well done on passing your exam! I know the feeling :)

Exhaust looks good,was expecting it to fit a kit further back. Do all the hangers for the back box line up? To et the back box fitting correctly will the have to be moved?along with extending the pipe work?

• Like 1

if i remember correctly, to become eligible to be a tester, you need to have 4yrs's traceable history of being a mechanic, be level 3 trained, or pass the NTTA test, i did the latter,

i traveled to peterborough to do my ntta test, took that in the morning. traveled back to work, when i got back i phoned up to be told i had failed, and i would be officially told by post, the letter came through, and after much questioning going on they had not totaled up all the score's, so where i was told i had just missed out on a pass (2/3 point's) i had actually pissed it....

Awesome, an examining body that can't count...nothing new there then! :roll:

i traveled to peterborough to do my ntta test, took that in the morning. traveled back to work, when i got back i phoned up to be told i had failed, and i would be officially told by post, the letter came through, and after much questioning going on they had not totaled up all the score's, so where i was told i had just missed out on a pass (2/3 point's) i had actually p**sed it....

No way... hang on, so was it their fault for not totalling up all the scores and you failed because of that?

I looked it up on the internet and spoke to the boss recently and he has made an mistake. And yes you're right, It is a 3 day course!

Well hopefully in a couple weeks (tops) I should get all my results, then I will go from there.

Thanks Philip :)

• Like 2