My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

That is exactly what I was trying to get at, am I doing this right or wrong? The way I'm thinking is if I stick to the D15 block with a Y8 head and running a P28 tuned ECU, I'm probably looking anywhere between 140 - 160bhp or turbo'd probably 200bhp or a bit more. But a standard B16 they are around 160bhp! Why all the hassle when I can go the B route... 

I love D-series engines but sometimes you got to move on ;)

Have a look at 3gdeans project thread, we had a discussion about how it's possible to use the lights from a hatch to do a JDM conversion on a deck or vice versa.

x2, If it comes up cheap enough, go for it.

I shall have a look now, cheers.. 

It's all just talk and thoughts now but never know, I might go the B route! ;)

That is exactly what I was trying to get at, am I doing this right or wrong? The way I'm thinking is if I stick to the D15 block with a Y8 head and running a P28 tuned ECU, I'm probably looking anywhere between 140 - 160bhp or turbo'd probably 200bhp or a bit more. But a standard B16 they are around 160bhp! Why all the hassle when I can go the B route...

I love D-series engines but sometimes you got to move on ;)

It's still a fair bit of work but at least you won't be rebuilding the motor hopefully! If it's cheap and it's something you want to do then by all means go for it!

Went to Halfrauds to get window tint but they didn't have any. But I did see this in the sale for 15 quid! :D 

SAM_0530.jpg

The Aerodeck badly needed to be clayed and I never done it before. So I gave it a go and I don't think I done too bad. The car feels soo silky now  [smitten.gif]

When taking the pics I couldn't get the Pirates Black to show but it defiantly has come up beautiful!

SAM_0534.jpg

SAM_0535.jpg

SAM_0533.jpg

SAM_0539.jpg

SAM_0547.jpg

SAM_0536-1.jpg

SAM_0546.jpg

Oh yes I got the VTi interior in and the MGZS dash inserts installed :)

SAM_0540.jpg

SAM_0541-1.jpg

SAM_0542.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good man! You thinking out tinting the back windows yourself? It's something id like done on my deck as well.

Yeah I want to tint out the back windows but I have never done it before. My oleman is going to help though. Hopefully it's not too hard to do! 

I am desperately wanting to de-chrome everything on the Aerodeck but I haven't had time!  <_<

I thought swapping the rear speakers in the ceiling was going to be a 10 minute job but nope... I broke the speaker covers in half but they were damaged anyway. Stabbed my hands a few times with a screw-driver and only to find out that the aftermarket speakers are too deep!

I shall have to make spacers then :)

2014-06-02%2019.10.25.jpg

This deck is coming along nicely!! Very speedy work and the clay barring has come up a dream!! Great stuff pal! :)

Be interesting to see if you can get deep speakers to fit in the roof, have thought about giving this a go myself! :/