Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

Keep pushing for the work to be done under warranty, if you can find a few posts online of others having the same issues and having it fixed under warranty then that would help! Also push the fact that the car has only been touched by Honda and these issues have always been there!

• Like 1

Well, the service chap at the dealership got back to me on Monday. Regarding the gearbox, they sent photos down to Honda once it was stripped down, as they found the synchros were buggered. I wasn't holding out hope that Honda would honour the warranty, but...................they have agreed to repair her free of charge! The suspension issue has turned out to be the top of the mount, which is also on its way out. They have also agreed to fix this too under warranty! Happy days!!!!

The only thing they won't fix is the coil pack on one of the spark plugs. They found this to be corroded, and it's also corroded the spark plug. Corrosion is wear and tear apparently, so the bill for the coil pack, plus a plug, plus fitting is over £200. Luckily, I bought a set of the plugs for her already, so they said just to bring the plugs in and they'll change them all aswell as fit the new coil pack. So all im getting billed for is the coil pack/fitting it, which is £170. Could have done without the expense, but to be fair, there's a fair expense getting forked out on the other stuff so I'm happy enough.

She should be back either end of play today (doubtfull) or tomorrow. Looking forward to see how she drives. Hoping the gearbox oil has been changed, and the clutch fluid, although not sure if you have to do those when refitting the box? Did think about asking them to fit a new clutch while the box was out, but don't know if she actually needs one. Plus I'm now skint again so not sure I would have fancied the bill for a new clutch and poss flywheel.

I really hope the spark plug/coil issue is what was causing the kangaroo styleee driving and flat spot. Time will tell.......

• Like 1

I think they'd drain the fluid to dismantle the box mate so should get fresh MTF I would have thought! 

Hopefully the kangaroo antics will stop with the new coil pack and plugs! I've heard this is quite a common problem. It's something I'm checking at the weekend along with the chain too.

• Like 1

lol no wonder I miss Ruby! well, the news is good. Finally got her back on Monday, and she is driving a hella lot better! The gear changes are now sweet, no more crunching! The kangaroo effect however is still present, but massively reduced. It's almost gone, just does it ever so slightly so guess I can live with that.

When Jim and me went to pick her up, on the way back I was going up the slip road onto the main A1, and sitting in third. Spotted a gap in the traffic so floored it to pull out, and she spun the wheels up! After driving her for a bit, noticed she feels a lot quicker! Thinking she may have lost a wee bit power because of the coil pack/plugs, and has now got it back? Deffo feels a bit punchier to drive now. Jim drover her too and said the same, feels a lot better to drive. We went through this wee village, and theres a round about at the end of it. Came through at 30mph, then onto the roundabout (Jim driving) and went round in 6th gear 17mph!, And coming off the roundabout, still in 6th, still 17mph, she pulled away with no shudders, no bother at all! Really impressed she could do that, as most diesels would struggle to even do that! Not that I would drive her like that a lot, but is good for overtaking point of view........no need to change down. Just push the throttle down and away she goes. 

And hats off to Western Honda.................they even gave her a full valet in and out, all hoovered out and tyres dressed etc, so she looked amazing. So, thoughts about getting rid of her are now gone! Fingers crossed thats the last of her faults and she goes on trouble free now.  And DD.....................all washed, dried and back in the garage in her blanket now! She's deffo not seeing the salty roads again!

• Like 2

• Dave unpinned this topic