Not ideal nor where it's stopped :o

Glad you're well out of the way though!

20 mins after that it was chocka block with rush hour traffic... If I'd blocked a lane it would have been mayhem! :lol:

Pulled out onto a small gap in front of a van and bang it went... Bet he was cursing! 

Bugger! infamous these drive shafts on the mb6/mc2, seem to be a really weak point on them, specially now they're all getting older.

Aye, it's me own fault though really.. Had to change the other one for my last MOT and meant to get the other one changed after, but then promptly forgot all about it :roll:

£30 for a new one from j&r isn't bad though :) just a shame that my mech is off to Paris for a long weekend tomorrow. 

17 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Aye, it's me own fault though really.. Had to change the other one for my last MOT and meant to get the other one changed after, but then promptly forgot all about it :roll:

£30 for a new one from j&r isn't bad though :) just a shame that my mech is off to Paris for a long weekend tomorrow. 

Sods law that!

On my old EK a shaft snapped while my brother owned it, told him I thought he should replace both if he doing one, about two weeks later the other side went! :lol:

• Haha 1

I'm sure that we had a similar conversation on here when I had to change the other one :lol:

Oh well.. 

A precarious and dangerous place to breakdown,  you've lived too tell the tale :)......you're back in business once your mechanic gets back from his jollies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dr_broon said:

I'm sure that we had a similar conversation on here when I had to change the other one :lol:

Oh well.. 

I tend to give pretty good advice based on experience :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gel said:

A precarious and dangerous place to breakdown,  you've lived too tell the tale :)......you're back in business once your mechanic gets back from his jollies.

The last time I broke down was when the clutch went on my eg. That was at rush hour on a morning as well, and in the right hand lane waiting to get onto a roundabout... Once again, some hatching stopped me causing too much of a nuisance 

Some parts have arrived for the collection... 

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

:)

• Like 1