Wow, for 180K your deck is doing very well mate! Both Mechanically and looks wise :)

Think I might get my calipers properly re-furbed, had a local garage that does machining etc dismantle, clean, grease and re-assemble mine not long after I got the car and they have been ok so far. There's a company in Nottingham that will give a 4 year warranty on their full re-manufacture and high end paint service. So even if rebuilding them with better seals etc doesn't sort it, then at least you are covered for a good while.

Cheers fella.. Just clicked round 185k the other day... Needs a few bits of bodywork sorting though. :(

Krzys did have a nightmare getting those brakes refurbed!

Damn, How was the quality when you did finally get them back? 

Well he's still alive, so they worked!

:lol:

They did a good job, just took the pee a bit at the time! I would still recommend them, but get in touch about turnaround times first! 

• Like 1

Not bad. My mate who refurbished calipers for a living. Calls them "rover" calipers. Notoriously s**t. But says 90% of time the seal round hand brake lever isn't in properly so bea ring rusts. So if done right and a dollop of grease on there should last ages.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...