Tom, just get the door cards from any 1.6ES mate (well, the ES's with black interiors!) They all come exactly like your front ones, and no bit for window winders (whats one of them things anyway!?). Ive got all black door cards in ruby to go with the full leather 8-)

Absolutely loving the new seats mate, and looks like they were always meant to be there! 8-) Looks stunning!

ah cool - will keep an eye open for them, cheers Dave :)

only 3k at 60mph! I hate you, I want! :lol:

Mate, my standard box is 3k rpm at 60mph? Problem is, almost all other cars are 70mph at 3k rpm, so makes the mb6/mc2's a bit high reving for motorways. On saying that, Dawns deck (1.6) is exactly the same......3k at 60mph

I used to get 56 at 3k? (never like to go past 3k on a morning until she's warm, and used to get cars sat behind me).. not much difference to standard, but better than the s80 8-)

:)

Yeah 56mph at 3k sounds about right for mine too!

Would be annoying as hell to run in if you couldn't take the motor over 3k for 1000 miles! :lol:

Just enjoy the oversteer! I think if you stiffen the rear it helps reduce understeer, I read that on here somewhere on a topic about the MG rear ARB!

I'd noticed that the front end felt like it was struggling a bit after the work, so stiffened the front dampers - I'd assumed that this had upset the balance a bit, but it sounds like not.

Thinking about it, it normally breaks traction when actually changing into second rather than out of first... it can easily wheel spin when putting it into second now, and the new clutch bites much higher up than the old one (right at the bottom) - I think that this is probably making me dump the clutch quicker, and upsetting the balance.

need to relearn the car a bit I reckon, after 6 years of how it used to be.

:idea:

I'd noticed that the front end felt like it was struggling a bit after the work, so stiffened the front dampers - I'd assumed that this had upset the balance a bit, but it sounds like not.

Thinking about it, it normally breaks traction when actually changing into second rather than out of first... it can easily wheel spin when putting it into second now, and the new clutch bites much higher up than the old one (right at the bottom) - I think that this is probably making me dump the clutch quicker, and upsetting the balance.

need to relearn the car a bit I reckon, after 6 years of how it used to be.

:idea:

Plus they say it's naughty to change gears when cornering for this very reason :lol::P

I can imagine the scenario being that you change gear dumping the clutch more agressively than normal and then when the front slides you lift off? If that's the case it'll just be lift-off oversteer to which the cure is as you say, learning the cars new characteristics 8-)

Plus they say it's naughty to change gears when cornering for this very reason :lol::P

true, but 1st gear doesn't go as far as it used to these days... :lol:

I can imagine the scenario being that you change gear dumping the clutch more agressively than normal and then when the front slides you lift off? If that's the case it'll just be lift-off oversteer to which the cure is as you say, learning the cars new characteristics 8-)

aye, was thinking of lift off oversteer, but it was happening after changing gear, but you're right.. once the wheels spin up in 2nd and it slides, i probably do take the gas off quick....

that'll do it then :lol::roll:

it's a booger that the clutch bites so high... it was easy to do quick changes and modulate it when it was right down low. and it's so light as well.

wish I'd got an uprated clutch now... if I'd known how light this one would be I would have. [smash.gif]

Who says these 'decks can't be chucked about ;)

:lol:

you can say that again sick-smileys-1050.gif]

you will notice that smaller ratios dont necessarily get you round bends easier.... longer gears and a heavy foot power round the bend using the LSD.. where-as smaller gears need to be changed more frequently..

normal gearbox>>>>usually 2nd gear would get me round a bend on to the straight and then in to 3rd

short ratio's>>>>> 2nd gear and partially 3rd gear to get round a bend... problem is stop accelerating half way round a bend to change up because of end of rev's.. this disengage's the LSD.. car meets pavement... next mod a LSD which works on deceleration eyebrows.gif1

you will notice that smaller ratios dont necessarily get you round bends easier.... longer gears and a heavy foot power round the bend using the LSD.. where-as smaller gears need to be changed more frequently..

normal gearbox>>>>usually 2nd gear would get me round a bend on to the straight and then in to 3rd

short ratio's>>>>> 2nd gear and partially 3rd gear to get round a bend... problem is stop accelerating half way round a bend to change up because of end of rev's.. this disengage's the LSD.. car meets pavement... next mod a LSD which works on deceleration eyebrows.gif1

Something like a 1.5way? That's one thing I don't understand about diffs, they have 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 but both 1.5 and 2.0 are labelled as two way! WACK11111

A proper LSD is on my list though which is why I'm looking into it!

aye - I've been paying attention to it and am being more gentle with the clutch (must see if bite point can be changed) and it's much better.

you've got me thinking though about the lsd... get full on gran turismo :D

You'll probably change the bite point and be back at square one with the clutch :lol:

I'll drive my mums Accord and get used to the mega high bite point then jump back in mine and will end up nearly stalling or doing jerky gear changes as I get used to it again :lol:

You'll probably change the bite point and be back at square one with the clutch :lol:

I'll drive my mums Accord and get used to the mega high bite point then jump back in mine and will end up nearly stalling or doing jerky gear changes as I get used to it again :lol:

same happens to me whenever I have to drive some other car... when I'm back in mine I always stall WACK11111