MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Not sure, looking at either JE or BC pistons and same for rods but haven't decided.  No real rush as I can't afford them at the moment anyway!  I'm in America at the end of June for a week so IF I can get a day away I'll go shopping ;)

Could prove worth while, especially when you think of the saving on shipping! 

Sweet stuff on order mate !!

Eagle rods are also quite reputable ..

Your having the block gaurded too ?!?!?!

Have to say mate, and in no way am i being rude, but this seems like massive over kill for just an NA?

Most charged set ups in the UK dont go to these lengths ...

Sweet stuff on order mate !! Eagle rods are also quite reputable .. Your having the block gaurded too ?!?!?! Have to say mate, and in no way am i being rude, but this seems like massive over kill for just an NA? Most charged set ups in the UK dont go to these lengths ...

Lol yes but for the cost of it and the engine being in bits right now it was the best time to drop one in :)

Of course it was the best time mate!

Would love to pop up and see it mate before it gets out back together!

Yes can do, when it starts to go back together as it's a complete mess at the moment. Engine is with the builder for a few weeks at least so won't be going anywhere soon

• 2 weeks later...

Another box of goodies has arrived!  :-D

IMG_20140611_103913.jpg

Gates Timing belt kit, ARP head bolts, ARP flywheel & clutch plate bolts, ARP bottom pulley bolt and Golden Eagle block guard.

IMG_20140611_165520.jpg

Funky blue belt!  Shame it gets covered up really.  Waiting for a few more engine bits to arrive before I start stripping the rest of the block down to clean and install.  I hope Mr Postman doesn't take too long!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Short "work" break and managed a small tidy up of the car and made a start on the wiring and dashboard.  

Wiring is now going back together.  After mocking up the dashboard and working out how and where I wanted the wires to go I finally had the chance to start reconnecting the plugs.  I stuck this to the garage wall and slowly but surely hooked the wires back up.  Still got a few relays and main power to do but it's all coming along.

IMG_20140621_000139.jpg

Each plug is labelled and each wiring leg is covered with over-braid to keep it tidy and protect it.

IMG_20140621_000155.jpg

I got asked to do the same thing for a friends engine dyno rig so I will get back to the wiring on mine soon.  His one was a little more complicated as i had to remove all the aux functions and make the engine harness "stand alone".  I'll get some picture next time I'm in his workshop!

On to the dashboard, and getting it to fit around the roll cage.  Last time I tried this I give up and just cut the dash in half so this time I took a few hours and got it in with a small amount of clearance.  Still a git to get in and out but there is a knack to it.

IMG_20140701_163551.jpg

IMG_20140701_163629.jpg

Had to cut a lot away in the rear of the dash to clear the cross bar.  All the vents and ducting had to go as well as some of the dash structure.

IMG_20140701_165500.jpg

IMG_20140701_165508.jpg

All the gaps at the ends will be filled in and covered over when complete

IMG_20140701_163624.jpg

IMG_20140701_163609.jpg

And the pile of bits left over is just more weight saving!

IMG_20140701_163524.jpg