MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Oooooo good stuff! 8-)

How long will they be out/apart for?

Few weeks (hopefully)  New head, exhaust manifold, cams and wiring on the engine is here.  Just need new pistons, rods, gaskets and crank girdle to complete the build so down to money at the moment.

• Like 1

Awesome stuff! Are you just swapping all of the head internals over I take it?

Good progress mate!! :-)

So are you going to be running the c4 bottom end with a c6 head then??

It'll be a hybrid of C4/C6.  I'm told (don't quote me) that the blocks are identical between both engines, it's the pistons, rods and crank girdle that are different. I want to change the pistons and rods anyway, and I'll look at getting a C6 or the Golden Eagle/Function 7 crank girdle.  Aiming for a 11.5:1 compression ratio so it'll have a bit more poke but still be a usable engine at lower revs.  Block guard and a few other little bits will stop it nuking itself on track but with all the weight loss (me and the car lol) I think 200bhp with the option to dial in a bit more will be enough to put a smile on my face.  I've driven 600-800bhp Supra's and they are fun but just not drivable on track.

Anyway, engine is now out and with the builder :)  I can now get in there and remove all the unwanted pipe, valves, brackets and bolts and get ready to flip the chassis to do the work underneath.  All a bit manic as I keep switching from electrical to mechanical jobs but it keeps me out of trouble!

IMG_20140529_080905.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, thats a pretty extensive bottom end build for NA !!

I agree, its the internals that are different i think, the actual cast of the block is the same..

Cannot wait to see this in the metal  ...