**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

can always remember stealths on corsas etc (i had them on my corsa) in the 90's but u got dem cheap mate ... better than nothin ..... yeah as NIKN25 said should only be held on wif some bolts mate and get the grinder out if u cant get dem off lol but car comin along great mate keep up da good wrk buddy :)

I had another look today and it looks a bit like this:

Witter_swan_neck_towbar13330930044f75628c2b426.jpg

There is a bar going across connecting to the chassic with 2 big bolts each side. But the tow bar itself has no bolts. It's in one piece. I wouldn't mind keeping the bar on incase some knob-head hits the rear end of my car and could possibly write it off. It's a bit like a slam bar in the rear bumper ;) But I would like to remove the tow bar and fit a tow hook :idea:

Im a week late but loving the new ice. Loud sounds is a must in a car [smitten.gif][smitten.gif][smitten.gif] i can not believe somebody would fit a towbar to a mb thats not right :lol::lol:

i prob would have lost it within a week or so of buying the car (or have i got it wrong because i did not read through your thread properly and you fitted it :roll::roll: )

Cheers mate! :D It does sound really good! Not just the bass but the clarity on what these speakers give. Just need to wire up the front tweeters but I got to find crossovers for them. I wanted to keep the tow bar on there at first for towing the trailer. I only use it for carrying me and my mates jump bikes, but we use his van instead so it's pointless really...

I bet it does descent speakers make such a difference to the quality, you should be able to find crossovers easy enough.

Glad you finally saw the light on the towbar :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorry towbars are one of my pet hates in my mind they belong on estate cars 4x4's. In fact my vti-s kit i bought has a cutout in it for a towbar

which i found the most rediculous thing ever :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Whats on peeps! I took my car into the garage to get my exhaust fitted after the 3rd delay (2 weeks late!). They finally put my car on the ramps, looked at it for 5 minutes and say my universal back box can't be fitted to my car? WACK11111 I start laughing and then I soon got pi$$ed off. How can they call themselves professionals when they can't do a simple job! Wasted my time and fuel... not a happy bunny but I will soon get the exhaust fitted myself ;):D I haven't done anything new to the 'M' but I'm getting low profile tyres in a couple weeks! It will look a lot better than the monster tyres on my car now lol :D