1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

• 1 month later...

Before and after, much better... 8-). This is the third one i've replaced in four years, pretty sure the last one will crack open sooner or later.

8zn4.jpg

Also replaced the fan switch but to no effect. Maybe my radiator is just completely broken? To sum it up i've changed the thermo twice, the ect sensor, the fan switch and temp gauge sender unit and still my fan won't go on until high really high temp and when it does, it won't keep the engine temp down enough for full vtec driving.

I tried to bleed the cooling system but couldn't. I start the engine with the rad cap open, the fluid starts to overflow a bit as the motor will warm up to normal temperature. At that point the fan should start and the thermo should open and the coolant level inside the radiator should drop, but none of these happens. After this i've lost some coolant, and also lost some coolant while changing the fan switch. So common sense says i should add coolant, but the level in the reservoir doesn't drop even after days of driving and the rad is full. So... :???::???: :???: ???

Anyway all of this didn't stop me from going to the track again! I got an alignment done, more of that in a different topic http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7281-camber-setup-for-track-days/ and with the new lot more aggressive setup manage to improve my laptime from 1,44:84 to 1,40:95! Top speed went from 150km/h to 160km/h. Have to say i'm very satisfied with the results. 8-)

Some gopro footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY7qKdVAFSY

If you haven't tracked your M yet, go do it! Simply put it's one of the best things a man can do with pants on. :wink:

Have noticed a lot of people put a switch in the top hose,mine comes on very low temp according to gauge<prob not acurate>

bit of topic just watched this :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It8mfxE8BR0

Thanks, that might be worth a try. And about that Pagani ring lap, hmm now that's something to aim for :wink:.

• 1 month later...

Some new photos:

vpsq.jpg

bwto.jpg

67c3.jpg

hhcj.jpg

8w45.jpg

96yq.jpg

h2f2.jpg

The last one is sized 1366 x 768 as a laptop wallpaper. I tried to photoshop the licenseplate away but my skills didn't quite make it, so if anyone's up for taking a shot at it, be my guest. But in the meantime, feel free to use it. Hope you enjoyed the photos.

• Like 2