1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Some winter maintenance last night: i oiled the locks with wd40 and pressurised air and gave a finishing touch with anti-freeze lock oil, then gave the door seals a nice dose of silicon spray, and lastly checked my windshield washer fluid and coolant freezing threshold. Was only -30c so gotta add some proper stuff... february's coming and it can get quite chilly! 8-) Even though it's always cool at Dexters's garage if you know what i'm sayin' :wink: :wink: :wink: !

Oh yeah i started something that's been on the to-do list since last may:

IMG_2268.jpg

No i'm just finally getting the plates centered!  :-D Since i changed my eu-plates to non eu last spring they got about 5cm shorter... never got around to getting them centered since as you can see, it takes quite a lot of tools get them exactly right! To the millimeter. No pics yet since i'm still waiting for the sealant to dry so i can paint over the old drill holes... takes quite a lot of time in 0 degree weather  :roll: .

Use a heat gun....but try not to set fire to anything with it :lol:

...or melt the plastic or the clearcoat... been there, done that!  :-D So i'll take a pass on this one but thanks for the tip anyway.  8-)

• Like 1