1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

nice and shiny! i can remember when my meisters were new ha ha

Yeah they do look nice brand new don't they! Thought about buying some coilover socks but i guess i should've put them on immediately and not later! The temperature keeps bouncing above and below zero now and the roads are so dirty... as is my car...

Noticed yesterday that the rear right corner is sitting a bit higher than the left rear, gonna investigate tonight.

I've got a 30 day trial period but i've paid for them full already and i think i'm going to keep them. They're so good that i don't want to take them off, regardless of the rear height issue. Which isn't even an issue yet but might be in the future... but i don't care! 8-) I did turn the damping a bit harder, they're 8 clicks from softest now and seem quite good for everyday winter driving. All the way softest was a bit too soft in the end!

But i did notice something weird yesterday. Since fitting the kit the car has looked a bit higher on the right side than on the left, and i know i set the height exactly the same on both sides to the millimeter. I thought at first that my eyes are just playing tricks or the surface isn't level etc. but after seeing the same thing day after another i decided to measure. I took the deck to my work and measured the height from ground to wheelarch, and it was 5mm higher on both right corners. I lifted the car up, and measured the wheelgaps. Again 5mm more on right side. I removed the wheels and doublechecked all fittings and height adjustments and could see no problem anywhere. I started adjusting the height on the right side, and after lowering by 3mm the wheel gaps were the same on both sides, when car lifted. After i lowered it to the ground, it was 2mm higher on the right side. Weird, huh?

Any ideas why i'm having this kind of height issues? Has anyone had the same with their Meisters? :-? :-? :-?

Never heard of that one mate! Might be worth contacting BC about it? But it could well be that the left side has settled quicker than the right? If that's possible!

a lot of it is bedding in mate!! keep it all the same plus which side is our left? drivers side or passenger? if the higher side is passenger that'll make sense as you are sat in the car most of the time when they bed in so putting more pressure on the shock and thus making it bed in a little quicker

• Like 1

a lot of it is bedding in mate!! keep it all the same plus which side is our left? drivers side or passenger? if the higher side is passenger that'll make sense as you are sat in the car most of the time when they bed in so putting more pressure on the shock and thus making it bed in a little quicker

Quick @Dexter, employ some fat people to sit in the car for a few days! :lol:

• Like 1

This is NORMAL !!! 

If setting the coils exactly the same, this will happen .. It is on mine .. It is on @phill1975 .. Its how they will sit.. The cars balance is not 50/50 straight down the middle .. 

The only way to get it sitting perfect, is to adjust per corner/half .. But i've been worried that that will mess with the GEO too much .. 

But by all accounts thats what @Chandler and his seems to handle ok from the passenger seat .. 

Left is our driver, your passenger. So yeah it does make sense. 

This is NORMAL !!! 

If setting the coils exactly the same, this will happen .. It is on mine .. It is on @phill1975 .. Its how they will sit.. The cars balance is not 50/50 straight down the middle .. 

The only way to get it sitting perfect, is to adjust per corner/half .. But i've been worried that that will mess with the GEO too much .. 

But by all accounts thats what @Chandler and his seems to handle ok from the passenger seat .. 

Ok well good to hear that it's normal. I measured the corners again and right front is now the same as left front, but right rear is still higher. I'm thinking about the geometry as well, i wonder which is better, to adjust all corners so that it sits level or is it more important to leave them the same height and hope that they will bed in to the same height? As i track the car also i consider this pretty important. 

One thing i started thinking that what if the lower control arms or their bushes have worn over time, and thus creating the difference in height? Or maybe possibly the previous owner crashed the car or did something to damage the chassis so that it's taken a tiny bit of damage invisible to the eye?