lol @ the above! So, would deffo need wheel upgrade then for bigger brakes. Hmmmm, will see what the options are later! 16 chronos would be lush, but getting hard to find a set nowadays. Well, get her back out the garage today and got all the dirt and crap washed off her, looking minty again! Dried her off the back in the garage. Will keep the cover off till tomorrow though, just to let the air get in about her and dry her totally.

Unfortunately, I noticed during washing her that the pass side front wheel was really thick with brake dust, another tell tale that its binding. The bad news is, because the wheel was so hot the other night (couldnt even touch it!) it's baked the brake dust into the paint on the wheel! Will try a bit of T-cutting to see if that will lift it, but if not, gonna have to refurb it again. :roll:  So plan is to possibly get her up on axle stands tomorrow at some point, and start stripping the brakes down. Depends how cold it is though! lol

My new toy for Lexy arrived today too, which I'd forgot about! Got some really smart wind deflectors for her. These ones are different to the usual ones that fit into the window channel though. These go on the outside, so dont have to force something into the channel that isnt supposed to be there. They just stick on with really strong M3 tape. Was a bit wary at first, thinking they wouldnt hold, but by feck, they're solid!!! Looks the nuts! Will need to take a pic soon. Got Lexy all cleaned today too, so she's looking good. And Dawns deck was snoring away under her cosy cover so thought best not to disturb her!

What deflectors are they Dave?

Least Ruby and nice and clean again, I'm sure you'll manage to sort the brakes out, shame about the wheel though! Will give you something to do!

Yeah, but looks like it's saveable. Tried some G3 on it today, and although it's taking a fair bit of effort, it's getting rid of the brake dust. I'll try and find the link to the wind deflectors, a pic of a lexy look-a-like with them on there! Really nice bit of kit I have to say! 8-)

Edit: heres the link to deflectors, scroll down the page for images. :wink:  CLICKITY-CLICK

Yeah, but looks like it's saveable. Tried some G3 on it today, and although it's taking a fair bit of effort, it's getting rid of the brake dust. I'll try and find the link to the wind deflectors, a pic of a lexy look-a-like with them on there! Really nice bit of kit I have to say! 8-)

Edit: heres the link to deflectors, scroll down the page for images. :wink:CLICKITY-CLICK

Nice! They do look the part ay!? 8-)

Going to have a look if they do them for the M, doubt it though!

• 3 months later...

Well, been busy getting Ruby ready for our meet this Sunday. As mentioned earlier, I'd had her out for a blast one day and got serious probs with the front brakes. Basically they got almost jammed on! :-o Found out the caliper had siezed on both sides, more so on the passenger side though. Plus the front discs, which had already been machined, warped due to the heat. :cry:  Soooo, Bought brand new front discs and pads from Western Honda and had got a second hand pair of calipers from a member on here. Plane was to completely strip the newly bought calipers down and fit new seals, pistons, sliders etc and prep and paint them so they'd be as new. Time wasnt on my side! So, Paul came down at 3pm on Monday and we got busy!. We hit a few probs along the way, and had to head out to buy some tools (blow torch and an impact driver set as one of the screws on the discs was solid!). Once we got the calipers off, I refurbed them as they were actually in pretty good shape, so wire brush on the drill and they came up like new. We cleaned up the slide pins, as they were in a state, but were good as new when we put it all back together. Obviously being the genuine Honda pads, they came with new retaining clips and caliper bolts etc, so got them plus the new discs all fitted up! Then we drained the old fluid, which was black! The age of it, and the fact the brakes overheated when they were stuck on had boiled the fluid. So drained/flushed it all out and went for some nice new DOT 5.1 racing fluid. Job almost done, the handbrake stopped working for some reason! So car back up on the stands, we had to strip the rear caliper down on the drivers side, as it had siezed! spent bloody ages on it, trying to get everything working, and also had to work on the pass side one with the blow torch too!

We finally finished at.........................................bloody 5am Tuesday morning! :roll::shock:  But was well worth it, the brakes are back to how they should be on the MB6, and are pulling her up nicely with hardly any pedal effort at all. I'm going to do a complete refurb on those other front calipers I got though, and make them like brand new then fit them. Also going to buy brand new rear calipers, as the ones on her arent in the best of condition, but will be able to refurb them at some point and keep em as spares.

I'll try and get some pics of the new brakes up when I get a chance. :cool:

Least shes ready for Sunday................just a wash and machine polish for both her and the deck and they'll both be match fit!

• Like 4

Sounds like a bloody good effort from all involved. My front brakes have seen better days the pads are still have 6mm on them but will be done before japfest, can't wait to see your M in the flesh again.

• Dave unpinned this topic