CRAZZZYDAWN

Dave

Hello folks. As you may have noticed, I've been away from the site for a bit, which is going to be the norm for a long time. For those who know my wife and best friend Dawn (aka crazzzydawn) and I personally, you will already know how Dawns health has been the last 2 years. She's spent god knows how long in hospital for different things, most of which have been very serious. The last time she was in was due to cancer. She had a major op to remove the cancer (was like 4 major ops in one) and she came through it. Unfortunately, since the original op, she has been ill with numerous things, most of which the doctors/nurses were not sure of what the cause was. She has been anemic since before her cancer op (which the doctors thought would rectify with that op) and this has caused a lot of other related illness.

She got admitted to hospital 2 weeks ago as an emergency case, as her temp was at a critical level. They have done loads of tests on her, and she has been more ill then ever before. They also did a biopsy, which has come back showing the cancer is back. Sadly, it's untreatable this time. On top of this she has the complications of a serious infection. She got home from hospital today, and it's now a matter of time. We know she doesn't have long, but at least she's now home where she wants to be, and is comfortable.

This is the hardest thing I have ever faced in my life, because Dawn is my whole life. She's been there for me through everything that life has thrown at both me and her, and although most guys wont openly say this about there other half, I can honestly say with pride that Dawn is and always will be my true love. Shes the most beautiful person both inside and out, warm, friendly, funny, honest and totally loveable. I really have been lucky to have known her and been together with her for over 20 years. I didn't realize just how lucky I've been.She's my soul mate, and even helped me get civic5 up and running. Shes given me constant support for everything related to the club, which was initially a whim/hobby/pipe dream for me. I really don't know how or if I will cope when the inevitable happens, so that's another reason I've handed control of civic5 over to Dave and Sarah (DAVEMB2 & SarahFR) for the time being. I know the club is in the best hands with them, so you know things won't change here on your fav site. The membership scheme has been put on hold again (sorry) so please dont pay for membership as it may be a while before a refund can be issued. If I can set things up (and if they are ok with it) I'll try and get things arranged so that dave and sarah can handle the membership/club account side of things. Just depends on what if any free time I have. If you have any problems with the site, or any Q's, please let them know. After today I wont be available to answer PM's or email enquiries as I'm spending what time Dawn has left by her side.

For anyone who knows Dawn (and her deck!), you'll know how big a loss she is going to be. :(

Dawn_zpscae17162.jpg

Kind regards,

Dave & Dawn [smitten.gif][smitten.gif]kiss.gif1

Mate I'm really sorry :-( I hope you can spend the last bit of time with her and have happy memories together. You need to make her a priority, we all understand that.

If any of us can help in any way, let us know.

Try to not let it get you down when she is still around, I know its easier said than done.

Also don't forget to look after yourself!

Sorry too here this Dave I have never meet dawn in person but have seen her on this site not really much I can say but send a Civic5 love and cuddle from me. Enjoy the last moments you have with her don't worry about us and the memberships we can all sort it one way or another.

Dave,

I've nearly cried reading this! I'm totally gutted for the pair of you & can't put into words what I want to say.

As I've said we'll look after the site for you & you take care of yourself and Dawn

Love Sarah & Dave x

i am crying and i dont cry alot but just thinking of my girlfriend .... i love her alot and i can imagine what this must be like for both of you

from my time on C5 i know how much you love dawn

i really hope to hear from you soon and we will all be hear for you OK [smitten.gif]

• Dave unpinned this topic