Yeah well the bumpers always needed doing and would have been too fiddly I think having to mask off the black strips so just went for coding... Hoping to wrap the bonnet in black carbon at some point to so that should break up the silver a bit! :)

Damn when you color code completely and carbon wrap the bonnet you are gonna make me miss my mb2 even more :(

Great progress so far mate..1500 wet should be fine.. So spraying color today or still another layer of primer to go?

@snakey135 dunno whats best man. Persoral preference I suppose.

I wouldn't have dreamed of trying to paint stuff a year ago.. you lot here inspired me to have a go.

I use 2000 grit myself. And an old piece at that If I can that worn.

Really lightly wipe over the primer and paint between coats. Wipe down with brake cleaner. Even the lacquer give a light sand then polish it up after. Be smooth as a baby's Bum bum

• Like 1

@ammarbm - cheers, really that's what I always wanted to do from the start, then I saw your MB2 progressing and I thought DAMN! I'm deffo going with this theme!! Lol... A layer of filler primer today then hopefully first colour on tomorrow! :)

@Krzys - thanks, that's a hole for a lip lug, there's one each side and a securing clip goes on the reverse when the lip is on ;)

@KiNK43 - the bare plastic bits are hard to deal with as they have no stick to them... After cleaning off the first rubbed down coat, some primer pulled off from the black bits! But I just need to be more careful! :)... I've got 2000 grit now anyway and a selection grit pack too for between layers so hopefully comes up ok! :)

• Like 2

@ammarbm - cheers, really that's what I always wanted to do from the start, then I saw your MB2 progressing and I thought DAMN! I'm deffo going with this theme!! Lol... A layer of filler primer today then hopefully first colour on tomorrow! :)

Ah that's great.. I would be looking forward to when that is done.. Hopefully before japfest so I can see her in all her glory in person ;).

What's the difference between plastic primer and filler primer. I have never used it before. Looks good so far.. Cracking job you are doing mate :)