You've pretty much got it mate!

well I can't say how long they'll last as I only drove on them for a few months before I put it off road for about a year or so...

but... I've just this minute fitted my new distributor (as I've finally come into some spare cash)... and she fired up first time!!!

well chuffed, just some brakes to buy soon and she'll be back on the road YEEHAAA!!!

2 hours ago, snakey135 said:

You've pretty much got it mate!

well I can't say how long they'll last as I only drove on them for a few months before I put it off road for about a year or so...

but... I've just this minute fitted my new distributor (as I've finally come into some spare cash)... and she fired up first time!!!

well chuffed, just some brakes to buy soon and she'll be back on the road YEEHAAA!!!

Result!!! Good to hear it's going again so many getting broken for parts these days. Hopefully sorting the brakes doesn't cost a fortune, there's a set of genuine rear pads on eBay for 13 quid that I'm watching lol. I've probly only seen a few vti aerodecks myself in my time. Mines similar to yours aswell. 

7 hours ago, tomo9700 said:

I've seen them on eBay very cheap for what they are but I've not come across anyone who's used them. Will give them a go i think seeing as you've had no trouble. Is it just a case of unbolting the suspension strut at the bottom and unbolting the lower arm from chassis, then swinging everything out of the way? 

just ordered a set for mine man. have used them before with my D series engine and they haven't broken in 5 years!

the shafts are pretty easy to replace aswel. as long as everything undo's properly 

I was so glad when I was stripping the rear calipers down on the track car that I did that, made it so much easier when I had to take them apart again last weekend!