My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

Thanks Stephen! That is what I thought too. Plus if I got another tatty car, it wouldn't be a problem for me ;)

I done a bit more to it yesterday, more filling and sanding. Still not quite perfect but she's getting there. It's all time consuming but I enjoy it

That's where most of the cost of getting cars painted goes, it's 90% prep and 10% paint! Well might not be quite that but you get the idea!

That's where most of the cost of getting cars painted goes, it's 90% prep and 10% paint! Well might not be quite that but you get the idea!

When I first got the Aerodeck, I asked the people in the accident repair centre if they can quote me on fixing the dents, rust-spot and a respray. It's a 600 quid job and that's on the rear quater panel and arch only!  :shock:

Now that I nearly done the filling, I asked them just to respray the filled in patches (obviously the whole panels will need respraying) and now they quoted me £180  :lol:

When I first got the Aerodeck, I asked the people in the accident repair centre if they can quote me on fixing the dents, rust-spot and a respray. It's a 600 quid job and that's on the rear quater panel and arch only!  :shock:

Now that I nearly done the filling, I asked them just to respray the filled in patches (obviously the whole panels will need respraying) and now they quoted me £180  :lol:

You know what I mean then! Mad isn't it!?

Only problem is if after 6 months it starts to bubble they probably won't accept responsibility for it as they didn't do the prep work.

You know what I mean then! Mad isn't it!?

Only problem is if after 6 months it starts to bubble they probably won't accept responsibility for it as they didn't do the prep work.

They never do anyway, always find a way out!

• Like 1

No updates as such. Just doing more work on the body and pampering with the engine bay..

Also done a bit of work to my mates MB6, I WILL make him an account tonight to get him started ;)

SAM_0733.jpg

• Like 2