My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

Nice deck dude a worthy replacement ive always loved pirates black n im lovin the plans

Cheers bud :) I'm loving the PB too and a lot of people seem to like the Aerodeck more than my mb3 haha

Again I haven't been keeping upto date on here due to being so busy and revising for exams coming up next week. I have only done minor things to the Aerodeck. Fit a drivers side mirror and a rear door handle from the MB3. I have also swapped over the Speedline alloys which I'm not particuly keen on the Aerodeck. But they will do till I get the other wheels resprayed ;)

SAM_0509edit.jpg

SAM_0510edit.jpg

Through the week driving this beast around, I have to say I am very surprised how well this car goes. It seems a lot more responsive than the MB3 which I have already stated. I did fit an induction kit on this and instantly it lost power, no torque in the low rev range. So I fit the airbox back on, I miss that induction roar though! :(

So glad you got this mate, good to see you back in another M. The deck is a great choice, and more and more people seem to be wanting a deck now. Liking your plans for this, and top work you've done on it already, really made a difference to it, specially in the engine bay! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

So glad you got this mate, good to see you back in another M. The deck is a great choice, and more and more people seem to be wanting a deck now. Liking your plans for this, and top work you've done on it already, really made a difference to it, specially in the engine bay! Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot mate :) I really wanted a Aerodeck badly but I promised I'd keep the MB3 for a very long time (3 years is not bad I suppose... lol) but obviously what happened a couple weeks ago, this beauty popped up a few days later! :D I hope to keep this car a very long time as long as I don't wrap it around another barrier...  

Does the resonator trick work on a D series like the B's? Bit more noise perhaps?

Yes! I will try remove the resonator when I fit the modded headlights ;)

Guest craigblight

Does the resonator trick work on a D series like the B's? Bit more noise perhaps?

yep it does work but mine did same when had standard box on felt faster but now have the aem set up where filter rite behind headlight and has heat sheild on it feels same as the standard airbox