Aye, wish I had put some lacquer on it... Needs quite a bit of polishing to get it back like that... At least I've got a dremmel type tool now instead of just doing it by hand :roll:

Unfortunately, you can't lacquer polished metal mate. The surface needs to have either primer or base colour on it for thelacquer to adhear to. One way may be to get it anodized? Not sure if they do a clear anodize though. 

Best bet is to get the metal polishing kit for your electric drill or grinder mate. It's still a lot of work, although easier. And the finish you get is highly polished, and lasts a lot longer. I did ruby's with the metal polishing kit on my drill, and it's not been touched since I done it. Still looks the same as far as I'm aware.

Or.................you can have it chrome plated (costly) or if I ever get my business up and running, you can have it chrome painted. Still costly, though not as dear as the plating. Looks amazing, and you can lay on  high temp primer as far as I know, so shouldnt get any issues with heat.

• Like 2

The key is to sand it down using rough sandpaper mate to get rid of any slight imperfections, then use various finer grades till is nice and smooth and almost free from the sanding marks. Then start with the polishing kit. Saves a lot of time trying to get a decent smooth finish on it, and makes polishing it a lot easier. Will also give you a much deeper, mirror like finish to it ;-)

The key is to sand it down using rough sandpaper mate to get rid of any slight imperfections, then use various finer grades till is nice and smooth and almost free from the sanding marks. Then start with the polishing kit. Saves a lot of time trying to get a decent smooth finish on it, and makes polishing it a lot easier. Will also give you a much deeper, mirror like finish to it :wink:

Sooooo true

Just picked the car up after getting the ball joints done, and have to say, although it's nicer not having one that feels like it's wandering around a bit, it definitely felt more planted with the extended ball joints... Still, it seems like my car goes through them so quick I've got to see them as a service part, and can't be forking out over a hundred quid each time.