MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Sounds like you did the sleeves alot quicker than me. Although when it come to removing the bush itself i chucked mine on the bbq :lol: its much more enjoyable work looking at them with can of beer in one hand and a ciggie in the other while your bushes just fall out :mrgreen:

Sounds painful lol. I've done a few cars in the past so learnt a few tricks along the way. Well worth doing though, car feels some much nicer to drive afterwards.

12kg i guess & WOW!

Fair guess, will let you know once it's all out. Taking the seats and all the sound proofing up front has shaved a massive amount. Plans to shave quite a few more kg's are coming, but I don't want to spoil the surprise just yet :twisted:

how are you removing the sound deadening? a friend of mine used some plumbers freeze spray (not sure of it's proper name ) and hit with a hammer it just seems to shatter.

I'm using an old gasket scrapper and a rubber hammer. It comes off in large chunks with a bit of persuading [smash.gif] , leaving a little bit of crud behind. I then use a blow torch to heat it and wipe the residue away. Took me most of Saturday to get as far as I did before my back started giving out so i called it a day. By next Saturday I should have the last of it out. Cool idea (no pun intended) on the freeze spray though, didn't think of that

oh dear, I'm away for 5 minutes and it all goes to pot :lol: I hope I don't have to lose any weight, do you know how long it's taken for me to get to this level of tonnage???

Okay, bit more work on the car today, getting closer to the goal [smash.gif]

Out with the pedals and the brace around the drivers legs,

20121020_131953.jpg

Had to bolt the column back up to keep it out of the way, but I finally managed to get the heater box out - pipe clips in the engine bay were the biggest issue

20121020_132002.jpg

Test fitted the new bits 8-)

20121020_132702.jpg

View from the other side

20121020_132715.jpg

[smash.gif]

20121020_143820.jpg

Put the old pedals back in to see how much further back the news ones will be

20121020_161749.jpg

20121020_161803.jpg

And I'm not looking forward to sorting this lot out WACK11111

20121020_143829.jpg