MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

So 1, how have I never seen this thread and 2, your in Swindon!! I want a peak!!

Thread's been quiet for a while as I've been busy with work and family over the last few months.  Fuel cell has arrived, so I'll post pics when I can, and engine is about to go off for a rebuild.  Also picked up a VTi-S skirt and lip set for it, but not sure I want to fit it yet.  Car is locked down tight somewhere in Swindon, might be open to bribery for a sneaky look

Amazing, I post a link up to a thread on facebook and back to the top it goes! :wink:

Lol, I had noticed :)  Just need to get back into the build now the evenings are lighter for longer.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay - good weather and a few days off meant I could roll the car out into the open!

Plan for the day was to check the fuel cell, check the fit of the perspex windows and make a restart on the wiring.

IMG_20140503_155406.jpg

IMG_20140503_161216.jpg

Removed the door locks, then stripped the central locking parts off and refitted the locks.  Every little helps!

IMG_20140503_171333.jpg

Also got rid of the last of the door electrics and wiring up front

Okay - fuel cell check

IMG_20140503_171237.jpg

Fits nicely, only 10l smaller than stock but it's inside the car and a damn site stronger!

IMG_20140503_171226.jpg

Up until now I've not really tried to fit the windows to the car so a quick check to see how they go in

IMG_20140503_162925.jpg

Left the seal out for now but its a good fit.  Plastics4performance even painted the edges of the panels to hide the bonding!

IMG_20140503_165042.jpg

IMG_20140503_165319.jpg

Last job was to get on with the wiring.  Front near side wing first -

IMG_20140503_174654.jpg

And an hour later, all re-connected and ready to be sheathed. 

IMG_20140503_193100.jpg

Hopefully it won't be as long between being able to work on the car next time!

• Like 3

Amazing work there! Bet you're glad to have gotten some done after such a long time!?

Were the perspex windows easy to source? Did the place know what a Civic Aerodeck was? :lol: