MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Amazing work there! Bet you're glad to have gotten some done after such a long time!?

Were the perspex windows easy to source? Did the place know what a Civic Aerodeck was? :lol:

Yes, felt good.  Had to put some air in the tyres as they were down to 15psi so shows how long it's bee sat there!  

The front windows are the same as the MG, quite easy to find but the rears had to be made for the car.  Plastics4Performance were cool about it, took a few weeks once I dropped off the originals for them to work from.  Doubt they have them on their website but if anyone else wants them then they can supply and the quality is top notch :)

Yes, felt good.  Had to put some air in the tyres as they were down to 15psi so shows how long it's bee sat there!  

The front windows are the same as the MG, quite easy to find but the rears had to be made for the car.  Plastics4Performance were cool about it, took a few weeks once I dropped off the originals for them to work from.  Doubt they have them on their website but if anyone else wants them then they can supply and the quality is top notch :)

Probably helped them a lot being able to have the original glass to work with! Can't fault the work, waiting was well worth it looking at the pictures! 

Excellent work, nice to see great progress.

Can't wait to see the results, be nice to get on the weigh bridge when all said and done.

Excellent work, nice to see great progress.

Can't wait to see the results, be nice to get on the weigh bridge when all said and done.

Cool!

What's the weight difference between the orignal glass and perspex, other than loads! Lol

No idea.  From the feel of it, the whole kit weighs about the same as the rear screen.  When I collected it I asked if it was all there and they just laughed at me :)

Got to do a track day on Monday in an MB6, same one in as in the June issue of Japanese performance.  This has really pushed me into wanting mine finished so I'm working with a local engine builder in the evenings and the weekends will be on the car from now on!

BHP120514%25201035.jpg

I had a few laps tuition and drove in both the dry and pouring rain.  Car had a few mods and a lot of lightning and was awesome in the wet, pretty good in the dry (just lacked power).  The instructor was able to keep up with much more powerful cars on circuit by carrying so much corner speed but he's driven the circuit 1000's of times so should know where all the bends are by now!

I'm waiting on a new ECU and some bits before I finalise the wiring and seal it in trunking so moving onto the fuel system this weekend.

Doing a well organised track day is well worth trying.  You get to see what your car can do in a controlled environment, and the company I went with did 20 minute tuition sessions which really help most people there on the day :)

• Like 3