1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

First of all i bought this little machine, no idea what it's called in english but i can make nice metal edged holes with it. Since i have hand made floormats without the original mounting hole, they move around the office a bit... but not anymore!

IMG_2355.jpg

Second i finally finished the plates, the lowest pic is the current look:

kilvet.jpg

Looks a bit better don't you think! :-D :-D :-D

Then lastly i serviced my air filter. Still looking almost like new, after 5 years and 50,000km.

IMG_2351.jpg

But since it's been in the bay for so long, maybe it's time for an upgrade at some point. I'd love a Tegiwa whaler since they look hella cool and have heard they have a sound to match... but people keep talking that a ITR box with a K&N filter would make more power. I want both. I mean not both filters but looks, sound & power How do i do it?

Oh yeah and went shopping today so more minimods coming up soon. 8-)

Buy both and keep switching? :lol:

Tegiwa one does make an awesome noise, but suffers with heatsoak, though I'm sure that's not so much a problem for you? ITR airbox makes some noise too though.

Love the last pic mate ! :lol: 

Re air boxes, as Krzys said, its mostly due to heat soak that the whales intakes suffer, but a little bit of fabrication, you should be able to make a heat shield for it .. Its what im intending on doing .. 

But the ITR box is the best performer .. 

Those plates look much better, I wish we had them here. 

Quick!

She's sinking into your bonnet. :-D

And it's a eylet riviter.

Run the ITR box open?!

Mine doesn't sound better/louder with the lid removed, don't know why. But let me tell you how my ITR airbox sounded awesome. Previously I was using simple 110mm flexible aluminium dryer hose for cold air extension. It's not good for airflow and is damaged easily so I changed it for itr resonator pipe. But with the dryer hose the sound was sooo good. It made an awesome roar noise probably because of the surface inside the hose or maybe the size. 

My airbox has stock DC2 filter.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/EmZvr/P1130809_zpsngmvqr2c.jpg

The noise, or SOUND in this case  :-D  isn't the biggest issue for me, my exhaust is plenty racy enough! Even though i don't mind a throaty intake sound, i'm more interested in having a cool looking bay. And a itr box just looks... too stock. I want something that'll be right in your face when i pop the hood, and i think a whale would do it. The heat shield for the filter would be a must but the pipe will still get heat soaked and for reasons stated i don't want to wrap it either. I am planning on removing the ac so that should provide more airflow into the bay once the rad is removed, maybe that'll help a bit with the heat? But like Krzys said maybe the only way to get best of both worlds is to buy both and use the itr on track days... how much does one cost these days btw?