Cheers bud, yeah she's coming together nicely. Got her insured for the year yesterday (got a bloody awesome deal from Aviva, see my thread in the general section!) so that's her back on the road. Need to replace the 2 front tyres, and trace a few rattles inside. Strip out centre console, replace the white plastic heater surround/mounting plate, and think she's about done!

Garage (fingers crossed could hopefully be up in the next few weeks! Result! ) built it will be time for the suspension change to MeisterR's. Oh, and need her white stilletos back for the meet! Felt good driving here again!!

Well, had Ruby out yesterday to give her a run. I went down to see Dawn, as it was our wedding anniversary yesterday (17 years married) so was an emotional day all round. Went and got her fueled up, and thought I'd check the tyre pressures seeing as she'd been standing a while.  First time I'd checked them since buying her back, and got a bit of a shock to say the least!. As mentioned earlier, she'd been a bit starange to drive on the way home from her other owner. The steering was dodgy etc (see previous posts) and to me she's felt a bit bouncy, harsh and unpredictable handling wise. Checked the tyre pressusres and here are the results!

n/s/f : 26psi

n/s/r : 38psi

o/s/f : 37psi

o/s/r : 29psi

:eek: 38 psi??? wtf??? Seems he couldn't even do the basics right on the car, tyre pressures all to pot (and dangerous in my opinion).

So have made the decission. I no longer trust what has (and that's a big question mark, as he lied about what had been done to her) and what hasn't been done to the car. Most of what I have seen to have deffo been done has been botched. As there's a meet coming up soon, and someone else will be driving her, I have booked her in to RJM Performance to get a full inspection of the car done. I want to know if anything is fitted wrong, if anything is loose/dangerous, and want everything put to how she should be. I'm effing annoyed as she was a perfect car before I sold her, and had never thought twice about jumping in her and driving 7 or 8 hours to a meet. Now I just don't trust her at all. I've ordered up two new Goodyears for the front, as she needs a new one for the pass side anyways, and the drivers side front is also well down on tread. Again, leads me to think she'd spent most of her time with him wheel spinning, as there isn't a lot of mileage on the tyres at all.

She'll also be going on their new 4 wheel alignment computer, to make sure she's set up bang on tracking and alignment wise. Also getting her mot done too, as it's due at the end of August anyway. So for the meet, she should be in top form.

Note to self: Don't ever ever ever sell her again!

38psi?!! Is this guy wearing beer goggles or something? Even though you said Ruby didn't feel right to drive, I bet you were still chuffed to drive her on the road again. Hopefully it's all good when Ruby have that inspection!  :smile:

• Ruby out yesterday to give her a run.
  • Went and got her fueled up, and thought I'd check the tyre pressures seeing as she'd been standing a while. 

Warm/hot tiers will give a false reading dave

never pump tiers when warm/hot

Hot air expands  :shock: 

Get yourself a Michilan tyre pump from halfords check them in the morning when the weather is cool if possible then and only then will you know the exact PSI  :wink:

• Like 2

but still there is no reason why 2 tyre's inflated to the same pressure should give you 2 different reading when they have been subjected to stress and heat for the same time.

• Like 1

bloody hell, 26psi and 38psi across the front axle, no wonder it handled badly....

x2 and similar across the rear in the other direction too, she must have been all over the shop.

Even if the readings are inaccurate, they will be inaccurate by a similar amount all round, these tyres are obviously under and over inflated and this will be another reason why the tread has worn.

I don't blame you getting a full health check Dave, it's very worrying. :(

• Like 1

Yeah, really worrying! Also been out doing some stuff to her today, and was in the boot. Every single fastener that holds all the side trims in place are missing (wondered why it was rattling so much) and the trim was all hanging off.  Gonna get some new bits to sort this all out too.

On another note, have started the modding bug again, been up to something today! lol More to follow!

• Dave unpinned this topic