If i had it my way i would chop the mans hands off so he could not destroy any more cars but as thats not going to happen i am happy with just voicing my opinion....

TW#T.......

lol yeah, a complete twat. I too was amazed how much has been fooked about with in the short time he had her. And talk about lies! He even posted on FB that he had a new windscreen fitted to her.................lie! It's still the same screen, even has the wee scratch where I tried to wash off bird poo and it marked the screen! Why lie about it?? And he said he bought and fitted MGZS suspension???? Must have waved fairy dust on the bolts as none have been touched by the look of it, and suspension still looks like factory MB6 to me. Even sits at the same height as before, whereas MGZS would have dropped her a bit.  Will have her ready for Crazzzydawns Memorial meet though, she'll be as good as new again!

Oh and yeah, brems banned!

So, been busy today! Decided to do some work on Ruby this morning seeing as the sun was out. Had bought a replacement set of front fogs from fleabay, so thought it was time I got the old ones out and the new ones in!! This is the first rime I've actually changed fog lights on an MB, and thought it would just be the same as when I fitted them to my MA8 civic.

So removed the front bumper not realizing you can replace them with the bumper in place! Bugger! Never mind, was a good chance to examine the front end on her for any possible signs of rust.

post-2844-0-46995200-1371898040_thumb.jp

So was well pleased to find she's absolutely mint behind the bumper! Front panel, chassis legs etc are all like new! Not a spot of rust anywhere! Couldnt believe just how good the paintwork still is on the front panel! Look at the reflection!!!

post-2844-0-48975000-1371898160_thumb.jp

post-2844-0-78259100-1371898191_thumb.jp

So removed the old fogs, which I had made repair lenses for from the plastic lense inside an old set of headlights. The lense looked like it had melted, but found it was only the yellow film that I put on them that had melted!! Didnt realize the bad shape my old fogs were in though, totally shot!

post-2844-0-25921100-1371898227_thumb.jp

post-2844-0-14326900-1371898394_thumb.jp

So with them in the bin, I got the new ones fitted and tested. What a difference to see her with new foggies! Looks so much better!

post-2844-0-23466600-1371898461_thumb.jp

post-2844-0-44580800-1371898487_thumb.jp

It's worked out great, because I'd already bought a set of mb6 fogs for her before I sold her, so they didnt get fitted. Means that both Ruby and DeeDee have both got mint fog lights, and I have a spare set on stand by incase they get damaged. Job done!

:o Wow, properly clean behind the bumper, nice new fogs, looks better, old ones look nasty, I don't understand why they go like that. :(

What a driveway too. :D  B)

cheers chaps! Yeah, makes the front look so much better! So happy to find her so clean behind the scenes so to speak, will make turning her into a show car so much easier and worthwhile. B) B) 

It makes such a difference, i need to restart my fog light project! Are you keeping the FN now you have ruby back?

Yeah mate, deffo keeping Sexy Lexy!  Ruby and DeeDee will live in the new garage, while the FN takes on the daily driving duties. Actually loving the FN now that I know Ruby is back where she belongs! lol  I'll bring Lexy to a meet too sometime

• Dave unpinned this topic