A little mod that I started yesterday! HAd a good look at Rubys wheels, and thought that they needed freshened up. The wheels I'd had refurbed and powder coated white had been painted silver, and to me they just killed the look of both the wheels and the car.

So got one off for a look, and was a bit disappointed to see the condition of them

post-2844-0-73779400-1373201219_thumb.jp

Inside the wheel was horrible. That pic is after I'd washed it and scrubbed it! Looked manky. Deffo not up to my usual fussy standards (take a look at the photos further back in the post where I'm getting her ready for Japfest2 to see the explanation of "fussy"!)

So decided that I'd had enough of the dull silver wheels, and that I'd refurb them myself.............

post-2844-0-20221400-1373201447_thumb.jp

and the inside of the rim.....

post-2844-0-11636800-1373201509_thumb.jp

post-2844-0-16417000-1373201547_thumb.jp

Now that's better!

Ruby is getting her white stilettos back! Only done the one wheel so far to see how it turned out. It's no where near as good as the powder coating was, but I just needed the rims to be white again, just to give her her identity back. Plan is that I'll now do the rest, and once winter comes and shes in her new garage, I'll put her on axle stands and send the wheels away for a full refurb and powder coat in white again.

PS: ingnore the paint on the tyre, this is one of the ones that is to be binned as it's fooked!

Thats better they look All-White mate (oh dear terrible pun)

I can not understand how one idiot managed to undo so much good work and create so much more damage in such a short period of time, The mind Boggles..........

Cars don't look right without the right shoes  :wink:

Exactly! Just like women!

Thats better they look All-White mate (oh dear terrible pun)

I can not understand how one idiot managed to undo so much good work and create so much more damage in such a short period of time, The mind Boggles..........

grooooan! I'll let ya off with the pun lmao. Yeah, keep finding things, and I'm like ffs!!! She's getting there. Was gonna go do the next whell but it's toooo effing hot outside! Who would believe we'd ever say that in scotland lol

• Like 1

Top work! The wheels now look absolutely stunning mate! I must get a set of white wheels for mine or respray the wheels I got now. White wheels looks sooo right on burgundy M's...  8-) 

Oh yeah, did you use any special stuff to get rid of all that dirt inside the wheel? 

Wow hot in scotland you must all be dropping like flies

They're all outside sweating and cowering in fear at the scary ball of fire in the sky. :P

Wheels look better bud, you'll soon have her back to the Ruby we all know. :)

Top work! The wheels now look absolutely stunning mate! I must get a set of white wheels for mine or respray the wheels I got now. White wheels looks sooo right on burgundy M's...  8-) 

Oh yeah, did you use any special stuff to get rid of all that dirt inside the wheel? 

Good old Gunk mate, then resprayed the whole wheel after it was sanded/primed

Wow! That's really all over the shop eh!?

I don't blame you for the inspection, you need to be sure you or anyone else who drives her won't get any unexpected surprises from the fool before!

Rims will look good (again) once refurbed back to white! :D

Yeah she will look a lot better again............................and hey presto! here she is!!

She's got her white stilletos back on!!!!!

post-2844-0-13496500-1373352806_thumb.jp

post-2844-0-46022400-1373352815_thumb.jp

Happy with how they turned out! She's now getting her DNA back, and starting to like Ruby again!! 8-)

Only down side is,....................I've only got two rims doen so far!! drivers side to do now! lol Hard work sanding and prepping in this amazing heatwave we're having, so will leave the other 2 till the weekend :wink:

Just keep taking photo's of the nearside till then! :lol:

I saw a photo of my old girl on the Facebook page last night, she's sporting some nice white rims now and tinted fogs (yellow), looks clean!

• Dave unpinned this topic