Another wee update! Been to the breakers today, as I needed to get the centre console for ruby due to the damage caused on her own one. Forgot how much of a pain these are to get out, the two screws at the handbrake being a huge pain in the ass! 4 Civics later and I finally got one out! Then it turns out it's not the console I need, it's the heater surround! So had to take it out, then use an torque bit to remove the controls so I could get it out of the car!! Huge pain! Now i have that to look forward to all over again when i remove Rubys fecked bit! lol

Also picked up the rear arch rubber protector strips. A lot of people don't like these, but I think that if our civics didnt have them from new, there would hardly be any MB's left on the road as the rears would be rotten! They stop the paint on the arch lips from getting stone chipped, which rusts quickly. When Ruby came back, her arch trims were gone, so got good set today. As long as you keep them clean, and take them off every few months to clean out, the arches last a lot longer.

Also picked up some other parts for one of our members across in France (Mae) so will get them posted off asap too. So all in all, a productive little day!

Sounds like a great day, i love poking around at breakers yards and i also agree about the rubber strips it was one of the first things i did when i bought her was spot the strips remove them clean them then reinstate (they have been off three or four times since)  My rover coupe had one missing when i bought her and that side was rusting but the side with the strip was not one replacement strip later and some cure rust and it stopped LOL

Loving the fogs as well im not a fan of yellow lights at all be it fogs or headlights, just not my taste i guess. The new ones look fresh and like they belong there (Because they do)

Im so glad you got her back so she can be saved every time i see a M go up for breaking it breaks my heart although this coming from somebody who swears at the tele every time a nice car gets crashed or destroyed whatever im watching is

probably no suprise

lol, tell me about it. A lot of really mint M's getting broken on ebay nowadays. Lucky for us we have our own breaker in the forum (1000rpm), so it's not all bad. At least we get all the parts we need at a decent price. But yeah, I'm the same, could spend all day rumaging around a breakers!! Some of the smashed cars you see make you think how the hell did anyone get out of them!

Oh meant to add, anyone looking for any M bits near edinburgh, Sports car breakers at newbridge have a deck in, and two or three 5 doors. No engines in any of them, mainly body parts/interior parts left, plus suspension/brakes etc.

Looks like you had a good day! I love going scrappy's, I pretty much live at my local scrappy as I'm always there... haha  :grin:  I got arch rubbers too but they are not looking great so another thing to add to the list!

Just reading the above comments, I am exactly the same when I see M's being broke... That horrible gutted feeling and thinking... why? Is it really worth the hassle breaking these cars? (Unless it too costly to fix or too much wrong with it) I can imagine it takes ages getting rid of all the parts and I think its a complete waste of a good car when people want them purely for the B18 engines  :angry:

Yeah, and don't you just hate the little comment that usually follows when an mb6 is broken for its engine........Putting the b18 in a "real civic! " Retards! If it was a real civic, it would have had a b18 in it from the start! lol  Is sad to see the mint ones being scrapped though.

i cant believe how mint the paint is behind the bumper :o looks like its been resprayed!

LOL Deffo not resprayed mate. Only paint she's had were the rear arches. Really is unbelievably clean, feel really lucky to have her!

• Dave unpinned this topic