Wow... Took an age to claybar my 15 years worth of grot deck a couple of days ago!! Came out lovely though!!

What do we think lads? Two bucket autoglym wash, squegee and buff, claybar (for 3 hours!! Is it meant to take that long??) then autoglym wax and then final buff?

Any tips if ive done it the wrong way around lool?

It shouldn't take three hours to clay the car.  Next time you do it, clay whilst the car is still wet but still lubricate the bar with water.  Also be sure not to put any pressure on the bar.  It should just glide over the top :)

I also use Iron-X and Tardis twice a year (more money on cleaning products lol).  Iron-X is fantastic at getting rid of iron filings on the wheels and lower half of the car but smells terrible. Tardis is great for removing tar and bird sh*t.

• Like 1

All this talk makes me want to get my M treated to a detail! But I'm too lazy but one of my mates does mobile detailing so will chuck him a few beer tokens to do a mega session!

• Like 1

If it stays mild over Xmas I'm going to treat my Chavic to a buffin sesh and a few layers of Auto Finesse Power Seal so I don't need to wax it over the rest of the winter.

I use collinite wax, lasts for 6 months and I keep it topped up with DJ basics of bling qd every wash which is at least once a fortnight.

• Like 1

I have a big tub of Collinite in the house.  It's great when on and I don't think it can be beaten for value for money, but I hate using it to be honest. Even putting a little on at a time, it takes me forever to take it off :oops:

Tough Coat and Power Seal use thon there nanotechnology bobbins and much easier to use for someone like me who quickly runs out of patience by the time I've spent all day cleaning.  Tough Coat is just spray on and wipe off.  Power Seal just needs a quick going over with the machine.

Now ive got rid of the proper ground in tar marks im sure the next application will be a lot easier!! Giving Amie's audi a good going over on tuesday which is a 12 plate so will see how long that takes me!!

And feck, i used a spray bottle constantly whilst barring, the long part was the big thick tar stains which had settled over the last 15 years lool!!... Might look into that tardis stuff though mate! :)

Looking proper clean or..... was..  :lol:  I keep meaning to do this on my car but it's pointless down ere on the muddy Cornwall back lanes

I know, she is caked again all ready, quite disheartening after all the cleaning tbh lool!!