Cheers but to put a cloud over my recent success I've just been hit up the back!!!

All the effort and £90 on my exhaust and getting it fitted now its nakard... Need new setup from cat back!! And bumper needs repairing!

How do i go about this, matey seems a nice bloke and admits full blame, said he's going to get a price on the front of his mini cooper and if not too much he'll deal with cash to get both cars sorted but if too much he will have to go through his insurance... I have things un declared including my exhaust so how do i go about this? Where do i stand??

Oh no!! :(

It depends on how much is too much! All you can do I suppose is price up the parts and see what he says? Insurance can go a couple of ways, say it's invalid and leave you in the sh1t, only repair/replace the OEM parts or given the age and market value of these write it off as a Cat D/C :(

• Like 1

Cheers but to put a cloud over my recent success I've just been hit up the back!!!

All the effort and £90 on my exhaust and getting it fitted now its nakard... Need new setup from cat back!! And bumper needs repairing!

How do i go about this, matey seems a nice bloke and admits full blame, said he's going to get a price on the front of his mini cooper and if not too much he'll deal with cash to get both cars sorted but if too much he will have to go through his insurance... I have things un declared including my exhaust so how do i go about this? Where do i stand??

Hopefully it can get done without going through insurance. Those boogers seem to write off everything valued at less than a grand now. :(

Gutted for you bud.

• Like 1

He's gone through his insurance and my car is uneconomical for repair!!

They'll give me 500 to take it off my hands or 435 for me to keep and repair as cat d!

Well gutted! :( cant believe a bent up exhaust would in their eyes deem the vehicle at the end of its life! :(

He's gone through his insurance and my car is uneconomical for repair!!

They'll give me 500 to take it off my hands or 435 for me to keep and repair as cat d!

Well gutted! :( cant believe a bent up exhaust would in their eyes deem the vehicle at the end of its life! :(

It's because they'd base the cost of repair on brand new parts from an approved Honda repairer! Cat D is better than I expected though! What will you do, keep and repair?  

Is it just the bumper and exhaust?