My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

@vtec2011  why not yse bits from ur old cars rear lights to do the jdm rear lights on the deck????

I heard they're different, depends how different though, might be able to do something with them? 

Guest craigblight

I heard they're different, depends how different though, might be able to do something with them? 

thinking just use the harness not the whole light. @alex shud know

thinking just use the harness not the whole light. @alex shud know

I'm saying is the bulb holders are different from hatch to deck. Tom found out when he bought some off me a while ago!

Guest craigblight

I'm saying is the bulb holders are different from hatch to deck. Tom found out when he bought some off me a while ago!

oh rite was thinking u ment the lenses lol silly me 

oh rite was thinking u ment the lenses lol silly me 

Haha I know it's a proverbial Monday but most should be able to tell they're a different shape :lol:

Bit of a project you got there. That dent in the rear quarter looks easily removable with a suction cup dent puller. Soak the bonnet latch in wd40 and then move all parts and clean the gunk away and that will sort that as I had that problem on mine.

Good luck and hope this helps

Yeah and me

Cheers folks! More stuff has been taken off the MB3 today including the rear light loom, good idea @craigblight . I don't know if hatchback rear light bulb plugs will fit but I shall have a look! 

I have wax oiled the Aerodeck including the seals. Looking underneath, the brake pipes will need replacing and the fuel lines going to the petrol tank are very corroded. So that will have to be sorted very soon!! 

Now question for you lot! I was looking at the engine in the MB3 thinking... is it really worth taking the engine out and rebuilding it along with a mini-me swap? I mean for the price of the rebuild kit, ecu, harness converter and all the rest, for around the same price I can pick up a B16 or B18 engine. A mate of mine will be putting a K20 in a B16 converted EG sometime next year. Or should I just stick to the original plan? :) 

Do whatever you feel you want to do mate, there's no right or wrong way and we can only say what we would want to do if it was our money! I keep looking at various turbo kits, so it's each to their own really!

Cheers folks! More stuff has been taken off the MB3 today including the rear light loom, good idea @craigblight . I don't know if hatchback rear light bulb plugs will fit but I shall have a look! 

I have wax oiled the Aerodeck including the seals. Looking underneath, the brake pipes will need replacing and the fuel lines going to the petrol tank are very corroded. So that will have to be sorted very soon!! 

Now question for you lot! I was looking at the engine in the MB3 thinking... is it really worth taking the engine out and rebuilding it along with a mini-me swap? I mean for the price of the rebuild kit, ecu, harness converter and all the rest, for around the same price I can pick up a B16 or B18 engine. A mate of mine will be putting a K20 in a B16 converted EG sometime next year. Or should I just stick to the original plan? :)

Have a look at 3gdeans project thread, we had a discussion about how it's possible to use the lights from a hatch to do a JDM conversion on a deck or vice versa.

Do whatever you feel you want to do mate, there's no right or wrong way and we can only say what we would want to do if it was our money! I keep looking at various turbo kits, so it's each to their own really!

x2, If it comes up cheap enough, go for it.